Assistant Director/Deputy Director, Senior Software Engineer – Digital Currency Initiatives, Fintech & Innovation Group (1-year contract)
About the jobThe Monetary Authority of Singapore works with the financial industry to promote Singapore as a dynamic international financial centre. It facilitates the development of infrastructure, adoption of technology, and upgrading of skills in the financial industry.
The Fintech Infrastructure Office (FIO) is responsible for strategies and initiatives for developing Singapore’s digital financial infrastructure. We lead industry experimentations to explore the use of emerging technology and establish industry-wide digital infrastructure.
Project Ubin is a collaborative project with the industry to explore the use of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) for clearing and settlement of payments and securities. The Ubin effort includes the research into establishing a digital multi-currency payments network to enhance commercial cross-border clearing and settlements globally.
We are looking for a senior developer who has deep experience with distributed ledger technology. This role will build on the work started with Project Ubin and will be responsible to advance research and development in central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), tokenised securities (e.g. equities and bonds) and token-based payment systems with collaboration with the industry and/or other central banks.
As a Senior Software Engineer, You Will
- Lead application development in support of digital currency initiatives.
- Apply the latest advancements in cryptographic techniques, optimize and secure blockchain applications by integrating new tools and technologies
- Provide expertise on distributed computing, cryptography, cyber security, consensus algorithms and smart contracts.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assess evolving technical, legal and regulatory issues and risks.
- Collaborate with the financial industry in Singapore, other central banks, international organisations and research community on these topics and related implications
- Document developmental process and complying best practices in data protection
- Educate internal stakeholders on features that allow secure usage of digital currency applications
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or in a similar role
- Proficient with Node.js, Angular/react for frontend/dApp development, backend development languages like Java or C++ etc
- Good grasp of modern software development tools (testing frameworks, CI/CD, version control, etc)
- Proficiency in Smart contract languages, e.g. Solidity, DAML and frameworks such as web3.js
- Experience and deep knowledge of distributed ledger technologies (DLT), transaction processing, distributed systems, cooperative algorithms, applied cryptography and privacy preserving technology is a plus
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to apply creative and innovative thinking to solve highly complex problems and design trade-offs
- Self-motivated and pro-active, taking ownership and personal accountability to achieve assigned objectives
- Team player with ability to collaborate, and work effectively and constructively with colleagues across different locations