Founded in 2019, Cake DeFi is a leading decentralised finance services provider and Southeast Asia’s fastest growing fintech platform. "We Do Crypto. You Do You." - Our vision is to become a one-stop platform for all crypto users to get easy access to DeFi and Web3 services. To date, more than 1 million users from over 190 countries trust us to manage over $1 billion in assets. We are a profitable, cashflow positive private rocket ship that's just getting ready for take-off. Join us.
cakedefi.com - Engineering
Our engineering team is the backbone of everything you see at the company. We pride ourselves on writing good code. We care about good engineering practices, working with great people, and working on real and impactful products.
We practice test-driven development, and are more than happy to allow team members the opportunity to solve problems with unconventional or cutting-edge methods. If you care about continually improving your craft, and want to work with like-minded peers, this is the place for you!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to design a highly scalable and secure cloud infrastructure to support our growth.
- Build on top of our existing infrastructure playbook and runbook to support our growth targets.
- Build comprehensive monitoring solutions and automate workflows for Cake engineers
- Manage hundreds of different types of blockchain nodes
- Ensure maximum security of internal and external infrastructure
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders from different departments
- Be on incident response call rotation
What you will need:
- Experience working in a fast pace tech-driven startup as a SysOps Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or DevOps Engineer with at least 4 years of experience managing cloud infrastructure or in a similar capacity.
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services with automation tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform, Helm, Puppet, or similar.
- Experience in blockchain node setup
- A strong foundation of common networking protocols such as layer 7 and layer 4 network load balancing.
- Ability to take full ownership and work independently while collaborating with others in a fast-paced agile and async team.
- A collaborative and resourceful individual with excellent communication skills able to make radical decisions while being empathetic and respectful.
- Willingness to pick up new and emerging bleeding edge blockchain technologies.
- Familiarity with container orchestration is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with web-scale data management technologies such as NoSQL, SQL Sharding, and Data Warehouse is preferred.
- Familiarity with using Kubernetes for container-orchestration is highly preferred.
- Experience participating or maintaining in open source software development is highly preferred.
We want to transform and decentralise finance with tomorrow’s technology. This is where you come in. Join a company that is at the forefront of bleeding-edge innovations in blockchain and DeFi. You will be empowered to push boundaries and think out of the box. You will get to work with a bunch of ridiculously motivated and talented people. And most importantly, you'll have fun. The best places to work at, are often also the most fun to work at. That's us.
We hire based on merit, fit, and strong alignment to our culture. Our culture is defined by 7 team principles: Integrity, Resourcefulness, Ownership, Meritocratic Decision-making, Customer Obsession, Radical Candour, and Passion. These 7 principles guide our company, our people, and our work. At Cake DeFi, our culture is our pride. It has been instrumental to our success, so we are steadfast in our commitment to it. We welcome you to add to it.