About the job
Moonstone Bank is a fully chartered, FDIC-insured bank under the supervision of the Federal Reserve with roots running back to 1929. We are a well-capitalized organization, deep into our next chapter of reimagining the financial system so every growing company can realize their full potential. Our initial vision is to create a financial solution for the cryptocurrency and cannabis industries. Despite being mainstream, these industries lack a proper banking solution to serve their customers -- we will build that solution.
Our mission is to allow those specialty businesses the opportunity to receive the same level of services other businesses have enjoyed which will improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote the well-being of the communities in which they operate.
Working at Moonstone Bank, a well-capitalized company, allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and join the founding team members in bringing our product to market. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
- We hire talented, self-motivated people and provide the atmosphere to excel.
- Early-Stage company that is applying a technology-first approach from beginning to end.
- We value performance where everyone has a seat at the table.
- Providing solutions where others have only tried.
- We value a strong culture that leads to high-performance engineering teams. Specifically, we value transparency, relentless improvement, and open collaboration among other values.
- We are based in the Seattle, Washington area but support a remote work culture.
About the Role:
The Branch Manager is the liaison between the Farmington, Washington community and the Bank. Fulfilling the mission of bringing exceptional services and products, this role creates and maintains meaningful relationships with customers, businesses, and the communities we serve. Responsible for building a strong team, the Branch Manager ensures the overall success of the branch and its team members. Collaborating and creating relationships with internal stakeholders, the Branch Manager inspires performance and delivers results.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
The essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides coaching to branch team members on day-to-day operations of the branch, guides team to appropriate escalation processes, holds themselves and others accountable for performance by tracking metrics.
- Hires, develops, and supports quality team members ensuring they have the tools and resources needed to succeed.
- Ensures high levels of customer service by maintaining staffing levels and branch schedules according to employment laws and regulations.
- Conducts performance reviews, coaching and compensation reviews.
- Ensures team is following established policy and procedures, conducts training as needed.
- Holds regular staff meetings and communicates regularly about the Bank’s strategic vision and customer advocacy.
- Monitors and tracks sales and service performance for the branch.
- Documents branch procedures by ensuring processes are in line with Bank policies and banking regulations, recommends process enhancements to increase productivity.
Customer Experience and Community Engagement
- Deliver exceptional customer experience by demonstrating a customer-first culture and can-do attitude.
- Provide insight into how our operations and product offerings can serve the needs of the Farmington community to increase our impact and engagement.
- Proactively educates new and existing customers on the Bank’s products and services to deepen relationships.
- Assists customers with general servicing requests, resolves complex requests timely, escalates appropriately, serves as the subject-matter-expert for the branch, and takes ownership of customer relationship.
- Processes transactions, account maintenance, wire and ACH requests, account opening, loan application, opening and closing procedures, deposit box procedures, vault maintenance, and balancing the branch.
- Sources business credit opportunities, facilitates application process, and is responsible for the overall loan goal for the branch.
- Research branch market to create and implement effective sales techniques that generate growth.
- Oversees branch facility management such as maintenance, repairs, remodeling, and branch security. May assist with equipment and software maintenance in partnership with IT.
- Operates within the annual branch budget and revenue projections during the year, communicating goals to the team.
- Ultimately accountable for branch performance on audits and compliance with established bank operating procedures and practices.
- Determines guidelines for rejects/returns within the branch application/systems based on parameters set by leadership.
- Supports team with risk assessment decisions and determine rejects/returns utilizing defined approval authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- You enjoy working with people and solving requests.
- BS/BA or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a bank environment with customer service skills, both in-person or phone channels, preferably in a leadership role.
- Consumer lending experience is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and focus on results.
- Ability to embrace and facilitate change.
- Knowledge of financial industry regulations, changes in the banking industry and banking technology.
- Technology savvy and comfortable teaching others to embrace digital channels.
- Professional, thorough, and organized with strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to perform computer entry/navigation, as well as use spreadsheet and Word processing programs.
- Some local travel may be required.
- Able to stand for an extended period.
- Competitive salary
- Health, medical & dental coverage.
- Incentive equity available.
- Paid vacation.