About the job
Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media brand that delivers breaking news and premium insights about digital assets to millions of investors.
Our content, newsletters, podcasts and events provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about digital assets. We are currently expanding our production team to produce high quality finance, bitcoin, and crypto content.
About the Role:
As a Brand Partner, you will be part of a growing sales team responsible for sponsorship sales across our event and media assets. Core to the role is helping brands in the space tap into our audience through sponsorships and advertisements. In this role you will work directly with brands such as Coinbase, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, BlockFi, and more.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with 1+ years of media or ad sales experience but are open to all interested candidates.
We are based in New York but this role is remote friendly.
What You'll Do
You'll be responsible for selling advertisements and sponsorships across our podcasts, webinars, conferences, newsletters and more.
In your role, you will:
- Work directly with brands on sponsorships and ad campaigns
- Employ an enterprise sales strategy and execution plan for our podcast, webinars, newsletters, and more
- Monitor and exceed key KPIs on sales acquisition and retention, upsells, revenue per customer and other key performance indicators
- Work with sponsors to ensure they are happy – this one’s a big one! We are in the relationship business, so making sure our customers are happy is priority number one
What We're Looking For:
- Experience successfully selling five and six figure deals, ideally to c-level executives and marketers
- 1+ years sales experience in a closing role
- History of meeting and exceeding sales quotas as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Ability to work a full sales cycle, including researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Knowledge of bitcoin and crypto is a plus but not necessary
Salary & Benefits:
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Remote work-station stipend
- Training & development
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings (even while remote!)
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Commuter benefits
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role