Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for a Business Development Lead to create our partnerships strategy, close deals, manage partners and eventually build a team to ensure Aptos is the easiest and most robust Layer-1 blockchain for both web2 and web3 users to build upon. As a lead, you will be responsible for scoping potential partners within the web3 ecosystem including: Infrastructure Providers, NFT platforms, Wallets, Developer Platforms, Identity & Authentication, DAO tooling, Payments, and Industry Associations.
You will also be responsible for the health of the token economy within the region, including Exchanges and other financial partnerships. Building deep relationships at the executive level, forming and executing our partnership strategy, working closely with our Product team, building internal business cases, negotiating complex deals, and working cross functionally with key internal stakeholders to further our mission. As we grow our presence in the greater web3 ecosystem, we would expect you to anchor and lead a regional partnerships team dedicated to bringing in more business and managing the web3 ecosystem partners you have brought to our network.
What you'll be doing:
- Research web3 ecosystem companies that enable Developers to more efficiently build on the Aptos blockchain, and Users to more easily interact with the protocol
- Developing and closing large, notable partner opportunities that will advance our mission
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market
- Work alongside other partnerships leads to develop a comprehensive set of partners needed for our project
- Working closely with our recruiting team to hire and lead new partnerships teammates
What we’re looking for:
- Must reside in (or near) a major European city.
- Fluent in English and ideally one additional European language
- 10+ years of experience working in partnerships, business development, or similar roles at a high-growth technology company
- Prior professional crypto experience is required
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience in and strong market knowledge of the blockchain & crypto industry preferred
- Experience developing and closing partner opportunities across web3
- A deep and relevant network with industry leaders in crypto
- Superb communication and presentation skills
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a hybrid remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all full-time Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.