About the jobAbout Paxful
Paxful is a financial company set up to give everyone equal access to finance. Our platform supports over ten million global users.
Paxful is searching for a Chief Accountant will be responsible for managing all accounting activities of both the financial and management accounts of the organization. This role will be responsible for preparing financial data and performance reports, assisting divisions with annual budget and reviews, and handling internal tax control and tax studies.
In addition, the role will be responsible for following and maintaining corporate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
What You’ll Do
- Provide reports to partners, process weekly invoices using an in-house invoicing system
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and Accountant for sources of data and information, including directly extracting info from our various systems
- Build on and develop technical knowledge and experience of different taxes and legislation across multiple jurisdictions in a truly global role
- Analyze scalable financial reports and forecasts by combining world-wide Paxful offices for various in-house departments and customers
- Communicates with auditors
- Adapts group’s accounting principles and implements them in an organisation
- Manage and coach internal Accountant
- Reaching the targets agreed, completion of given KPI's
- Performing on high quality standards, quality of KPI's completed
- Positive performance review
- Contribution of achieving the team goals
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- At least 5 years of equivalent working experience
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting
- Experience in cryptocurrency, blockchain and/or financial technology is an advantage
- Experience in financial accounting software and preferably with ERP systems
- Knowledge of accounting principles, methods and practices
- Understanding of local accounting and tax regulations
- General knowledge of corporate accounting
- Key skills
- Strong Data Analysing skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Strong conflict resolution and decision making capability
- Software Skills
- Experienced with Atlassian tools (Confluence, Jira)
- Experience with different accounting software tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Fluent in written and spoken Estonian, Russian and English.
- Soft skills/ abilities
- A sense of ownership and pride in own performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at handling multiple responsibilities at once
- Strong ability to set priorities and timelines
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Collaborate and work in a global, virtual team environment
- The ability to respond positively to complexity and uncertainty
- Mindset of innovation and creativity, capability to design, develop, implement and evaluate solutions to unique business situations
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.