About the jobRipple is a crypto solutions company that is driving a new era in finance, doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value, and in the short term its development will create powerful gains in financial efficiency, access and inclusion, using cryptocurrency as a universal asset. Long term it will launch - just as the original internet did - new industries that bring people and places closer together, and this time related to money, and every other kind of value as well: from stocks to art, scientific discoveries to commodities, votes to intellectual property, and more.
To get value to move like information moves today, we build on and support the development of one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and reliable public blockchains. We build everything with both an inclusive vision and pragmatism, so while others are incrementally improving the digital economy through apps and technical workarounds, our team is fundamentally re-engineering the way value moves. It’s already driving new efficiencies to help businesses be more successful and diverse, helping people make the most of their money - and we’ve only begun to discover what it’s capable of doing.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C., and Dubai, we have more than 500 global employees and hundreds of customers (including some of the world’s biggest banks) in more than 55 countries and six continents.
Our GM of RippleNet and RippleX is looking for an experienced leader with a combination of strong people skills, product and GTM strategy/execution, and business operations/program management experience to partner with her in leading the organization. The Chief of Staff will drive forward initiatives on behalf of the GM, by creating streamlined processes, communicating consistently and frequently, building trust across the organization, prioritizing areas for investment, and assisting key leaders in achieving focus within their teams. This role will serve as a trusted advisor to and representative for the GM, ensuring she is as efficient and effective as possible.
As Chief of Staff, you will contribute strategic leadership to the RippleNet and RippleX leadership teams. As part of these leadership teams, you will help drive initiatives across the groups to ensure strategic alignment, drawing from your product and business experience. You will also work closely with the leadership teams in driving the rhythm of the business - thinking holistically and strategically about key operational practices, business processes, procedures to support the business and to enable effective execution. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, strong product and business acumen, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build compelling executive-level presentations and long-form narratives.
RippleNet enables financial institutions to process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Payment providers, fintechs, crypto companies and banks can use XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets. RippleNet is growing rapidly and processing a $17B annualized run-rate.
RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable the XRP community of developers and institutions to collectively build the Internet of Value (IoV) - which will enable the world to move value like information moves today. We contribute to open-source protocol development and innovation that enables the IoV (e.g. the XRP Ledger); we build tools and offer services, programs and support to enable developers to build on the XRPL; and we partner with financial services firms and institutions to co-develop solutions that use the XRPL and XRP.
What You'll Do
- Strategy & Leadership effectiveness
- Co-create and help articulate the business strategy to internal and external audiences.
- Keep a close pulse of the customer and market, surfacing key insights and making strategic recommendations as appropriate.
- Maximize the effectiveness of the GM by helping balance priorities, communicate effectively, advising the GM, and stand in for her during meetings. Take key decisions and speak on behalf of the GM.
- Business management & Operations
- Develop and implement operating mechanisms to drive alignment, accountability and coordination across the team (from OKRs to team meetings, communications, and more).
- Analyze data and produce meaningful insights and recommended tactics to increase the success of our business strategy. Shepherd the development of a data-driven decision-making culture.
- Drive the annual and quarterly planning processes with RippleNet and RippleX leadership. Create an inclusive and efficient way to establish strategic priorities and plan resources needed.
- Help drive high-functioning and high-performing leadership teams across RippleNet and RippleX with timely, clear, effective communication.
- Strategic initiatives
- Lead key initiatives by partnering with and influencing stakeholders within and outside of RippleNet and RippleX, including (but not limited to) leaders in Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Finance and Business Development.
- Culture & team representative
- Serve as a cultural touchstone for the team, advising the GM and leadership on habits, rituals, programs, and other ways to nourish and build the desired team culture.
- In partnership with HR and leadership, shape and drive the people agenda and lead team health initiatives, particularly focused on developing increased diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience, ideally from a financial technology, and/or management consulting background.
- Passion for diving deep into crypto.
- Diligent and extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity.
- Outstanding at building relationships and collaborating with peers, senior leaders, and cross-functionally to produce not only great results, but also great experiences doing the work.
- Strong strategic thinker who applies creativity to problem solving, and handily takes a big idea from thought through to execution.
- Excellent judgment, discretion, and unflappable under pressure.
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.