About the job
Community Engagement Manager
Scopely Los Angeles Metropolitan Area (Hybrid)
Community Engagement Manager:
Scopely is looking for a dynamic individual to lead the Discord for one of our newest communities! Ideal candidate is flexible, highly motivated, and approachable, with excellent communication skills honed by their experience working in communities. They are also emotionally resilient and perfectly capable of speaking the truth at all times – even to those they report to. We believe success is a function of open and honest feedback in all directions. We are looking for someone to help nurture and grow our community of our blockchain games and users by fostering a kind, caring, and inclusive community. Would love to find someone who is creative and can think big, is native to Web3, and can effectively report on community happenings while maintaining a safe environment with great community vibes. This position will play a key role in driving community engagement and advocacy, acting as the voice of the community internally while being a visible community leader externally.
Responsibilities / Role:
- Maintain a healthy community environment in Scopely operated Discord Servers for various games and products.
- Work with community members to correct unacceptable behaviors, or remove them from the community if behaviors cannot be corrected.
- Support the community management team by providing regular reports on issues in the community and current topics.
- Collaborate with the broader Marketing Team and other teams to deliver on company goals and strategy.
- Work with Discord and our blockchain team to ensure server channels are bulletproof and optimized.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Community and Communications teams to write and disseminate critical information about feature updates and product launches as well as bug-related issues as they arise.
- Support our moderator and sub-mod strike force and keep them motivated, productive, and focused.
- Onboard new users and keep existing users motivated to ensure their continued success as active members of our community.
- Organize and host events on our Discord server on a regular basis.
- Maintain and promote insights from community interactions and surface critical issues to all cross-functional teams.
- Communicate with fans, influencers, and other partners/collaborators to increase Scopley’s network.
- Provide constructive feedback internally and externally.
- Creating, implementing and measuring community engagement.
- Support community strategy, development, growth, programs, and community campaigns.
- Work with marketing and community to plan releases, marketing materials and content.
- Manage communication channels, including Discord, Telegram, Twitter, WeChat, Weibo, live chat, blog posts and forums, etc.
- Provide support to other moderators and escalate within the community team when necessary.
- Provides timely support to the questions & queries raised in the community by liaising with the Product team and checking necessary systems for an update.
- Representing the voice of the community, bringing community feedback to our Community, Marketing and Product teams.
- Provide daily, weekly and quarterly analysis to senior management.
- Min - 2 Years experience moderating an online user community and customer service, or 3 years combined experience moderating and working with an online user community.
- Experienced with Web 3 Communities, decentralized technologies and/or DAOs a big plus.
- Strong understanding of cryptocurrency, and blockchain space. Not technical, but fundamental understanding (we will also offer training)
- Patience and maturity in helping out the new and unacquainted (new member onboarding)
- Must be a keeper of the most excellent memes and able to manage the vibe of the community.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a rapidly shifting landscape
- Experience running of live-ops, post-release game/app updates
- Deep experience with Discord.
- Strong work ethic, great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, business development and problem-solving sensibility
- Good time-management skills.
- Team player - able to effectively engage stakeholders, partners & community members, able to hear, process, and respond to feedback to produce creative solutions to meet their needs.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Can work independently, a self-starter.
If this is you, please share this info with your submission:
- Link to your twitter/GitHub (if you’re active there)
- Tell us about your experience managing another Discord community, why you think it compares to ours?
- What are your favorite Discord communities that you’re a part of? Why?
- What are some of your favorite NFT projects / blockchain games?
- Send us some of your favorite 10/10 blockchain/crypto/NFT meme
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune®: Free Play, among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit scopely.com.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice which can be found here: https://scopely.com/scopely-candidate-privacy-notice/