About the jobWho We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world's largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We're building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Dublin, Austin and San Jose!
About the Team:
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We're a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company's regulatory obligations.
Our Compliance Advisory team, in particular, is responsible for building Compliance policies, programs and frameworks for the company's diverse and exciting products in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
What You'll be Doing:
This role will oversee the development and implementation of a global Sanctions Compliance Program, partnering closely with other Compliance Leaders, Legal, Product, Engineering and Risk. This role will develop and maintain a strong and efficient controls environment in order to comply with all applicable sanctions laws, regulations, and guidance for Okcoin's global presence.
In this role you will:
- Own, develop, and manage the global Sanctions Compliance Program framework, including but not limited to strategy, roadmap and controls to address the dynamic global sanctions compliance requirements.
- Evaluate and evolve current implementation and operational processes to ensure Sanctions compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Monitor, evaluate and advise on global Sanctions requirements for new and existing products, services, and operational footprint.
- Communicate Sanctions compliance framework and program requirements to all relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Engage cross-functionally (with groups such as Legal, Product, Engineering and Risk) to establish a thoughtful, strategic and scalable approach to the Sanctions Compliance Program and related processes.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- 5+ years of experience in Sanctions compliance at regulated financial institutions
- Strong and in-depth knowledge and understanding of OFAC, EU and UN sanctions regimes.
- Excellent technical understanding on operational processes and vendor solutions, in order to build, operationalize, and enhance a sound and effective Sanctions program.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and implement controls and processes.
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high visibility and complexity.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and lead discussions comfortably with senior levels of management and regulators.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with managing sanctions risks for virtual currency and blockchain-based products
- CAMS, CFCS or equivalent certification
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.