About the job
Matrixport is Asia’s fastest growing one-stop digital asset financial services platform with over $10 billion in assets under custody & management. We are over 300 strong and serve both institutional and retail customers across Asia and Europe.
Our mission is to make crypto easy for everyone through our comprehensive suite of innovative and easy-to-use crypto investment products and services. Our offerings include Cactus Custody™, spot OTC, fixed income, structured products, lending as well as asset management. Our team is rapidly growing.
“Get More From Your Crypto”.
WHY JOIN US
At Matrixport, we tackle complex problems as a team. We encourage openness and promote transparency, respect, and inclusivity. Every team member is valued and has a voice that can be heard. We are always in the search for intellectually curious and entrepreneurial individuals who are keen on making an impact in the crypto ecosystem, and in building a better product for the next one billion users.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Act as the registered CO, MLRO and DPO with the Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority in Dubai.
- Act as an adviser to the Company’s Board of Directors and Senior Management on general compliance, regulatory, financial crime and data protection matters.
- Ensure local policies and procedures comply with relevant regulations and that they are adequately maintained and documented.
- Review and advise on areas of regulatory change and applicable best practice in the region and update relevant manuals and procedures as necessary.
- Manage and enhance the compliance and financial crime framework.
- Work with internal teams to enhance policies, procedures and to create effective monitoring of controls.
- Conducting quarterly compliance monitoring and performing regular surveillance activities, reporting the Board and senior management on the appropriateness and effectiveness of the Firm’s systems and controls, and implementing any required enhancements.
- Conduct periodic company-wide AML risk assessment and AML policy review, including ongoing assessments.
- Maintain close liaison with the relevant regulatory bodies and obtain any necessary licenses, consents, make ad hoc notifications, file periodic regulatory returns and providing information upon request.
- Design and deliver staff training and internal briefings to ensure that the Firm and its staff comply with applicable legislations, topics may include but not limited to regulatory changes/developments and their impact on their firm.
- Build strong regulatory relationship with all respective regulatory bodies and championing the adoption of best industry standards.
- Provide necessary communication and coordination with FIU and necessary regulatory bodies.
- Provide sound, coherent and commercially minded advice and compliance support on all matters relating to Bit.com’s activities.
- Review all data protection frameworks and policies and update where applicable.
- Respond to data subject queries and act as the point of contact for all data protection queries internally and externally.
- Bachelor degree or above in Law, Accounting, Finance, Business or related disciplines
- At least five years of relevant compliance / AML experience from crypto, fintech, payment companies or financial institutions
- Previous work experience in a similar role in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Strong understanding of local regulations and compliance requirements
- Strong interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team-player who is detail-minded, self-driven and independent
- Willing and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment and assume responsibilities with a result-driven attitude
- Creative thinker and proactive problem solver
- A positive, “can do” attitude
- Industry recognised compliance, financial crime and/or data protection qualification preferred (e.g. ACAMS / ICA / CIPT / CIPP / ISEB)
- Only candidates currently residing in Dubai will be considered