About the job
We are a growth-oriented business in need of an experienced Corporate Treasury Specialist to help us manage a robust treasury function for our clients. This will include maintaining and building on existing policies and procedures with the following objectives: process standardization and automation, enhanced cash visibility, improved controls, optimized utilization of cash, reduced risk of fraud, and enhanced financial and management reporting. The Corporate Treasury Specialist is a client facing role and will be required to nurture the great relationships we have with our existing clients and cultivate the same with new clients that we bring on board.
Additionally, the Corporate Treasury Specialist may be responsible for corporate bookkeeping duties, so some hands-on accounting experience is an asset. If you have no hands-on accounting experience, but are working toward a career in accounting, then we can offer the training and support that you’ll need to move toward your goal of becoming a designated CPA. This role is very well suited to individuals with banking and financial services industry experience who are looking to make a career pivot into the accounting industry.
What Will Your Days Look Like?
- Owning the firm’s payment and cash management responsibilities
- Implementing necessary controls and policies to strengthen the treasury function
- Verifying accuracy of cash transactions while also investigating and proposing possible resolutions for any discrepancies
- Preparing A/P aging summaries for CFO review and providing insight with regard to outstanding items
- Keeping up to date records of vendor payment information in client banking portals
- Setting up new bank accounts and completing credit applications on behalf of clients
- Preparing documentation to administer user banking access and account signatory changes
- Ensuring that banks are kept up to date with any relevant organizational changes, including changes of directors/officers, address, name, etc.
- Managing user access to client online banking portals
- Creating wire instructions for all client accounts
- Reconciling of bank statements against the GL, and clearing accounts assigned
- Bookkeeping for multiple entities in various industries
- Maintain organized e-records of all invoices/statements
- Dealing with different functional currencies / foreign exchange transactions
- Managing commodity tax filings for clients (i.e. GST and PST);
- Other requested administrative tasks as required.
Our Ideal Candidate…
- Has at least three years of experience in a cash management role
- Is an expert relationship builder, is adept in customer service, and instills confidence in their interactions
- Acts with a sense of urgency, and has the ability to triage and prioritize multiple client requests that may be competing for attention
- Possess exceptional analytical reasoning skills, and can formulate creative solutions to complex problems
- Meticulously reviews their work, and knows that when it comes to cash management for clients, the stakes are high and errors are costly
- Will take ownership over the organization and execution of the cash management function
- Has a degree or diploma in accounting, commerce, or business
- Is well versed in Excel, and would describe themselves as an intermediate user, at least
- Full cycle accounting experience, ideally for multiple entities
- Experience working with cryptocurrency transactions
- Experience using RBC Express, BMO Online Banking for Business, and Plooto
It’s Treewalk For a Reason
- We will cover your CPA schooling, annual dues, and professional development courses. Better yet, we do not have a clawback policy - if you decide to leave Treewalk at any point, we will never ask for that money back.
- We’re flexible – we treat our team members like professionals and give them autonomy to exercise their judgment and manage their schedules as they see fit. Get that workout in, run those errands – we trust you to manage your workload and meet those deadlines.
- We keep it fun! We encourage social activities outside of work, have company initiatives to keep you engaged with your peers, and have great technological tools to keep you connected.
- We’ve got you covered from Day 1 - your extended healthcare and maternity leave benefits kick in on your first day of work!
Who We Are
Treewalk (previously known as ACM Management) is an advisory practice based out of downtown Vancouver specializing in financial reporting and corporate services for public companies. We offer clients a complete service package to assist them in timely and accurate disclosures. Our clients are from all industry sectors and are issuers on the TSX-V, CSE, NASDAQ, and the OTC.
We are one of the fastest growing accounting firms in Canada, and we’ve got some big goals that are going to send us to the top. We are a firm with an anti-firm culture - think tech startup, but accounting. We’re ditching the traditional top-down management hierarchy approach and are leaning into a holacratic system of organizational governance. We are on a journey to become the go-to training place for accountants of all levels who want to work in industry. Our accounting practice specializes in assisting public companies with their financial reporting and accounting needs, and we help private companies navigate the waters of going and staying public. When it comes to clients, we are industry-agnostic. We never shy away from clients in new and emergent industries, and we’ve worked with companies in e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, cannabis, mining, and biotechnology, to name a few. We’ve got a lot on the go, and as far as we’re concerned, the only barrier to reaching our goals is finding exceptional talent to keep building out our team.
Our Core Values
Mastery: At Treewalk, we pursue knowledge. We aspire to be the best at our craft, and we create and pursue opportunities to build on our expertise.
Support: At Treewalk, you're never alone. Teamwork and collaboration are our bedrock, and constant support for each other and our clients is what sets us apart.
Ownership: At Treewalk, we fight to take responsibility. We own our mistakes and our oversights, and are relentlessly committed to our responsibility to our colleagues and our clients.
Kaizen: At Treewalk, we don't settle. Kaizen is a business philosophy that means "change for the better", or "continuous improvement". We recognize that nothing is perfect, but we're striving for it anyway.
*Please note that due to the nature of this role, candidates will be required to work full-time in our Vancouver office in the first few months and subsequently will have an option to work on a hybrid basis in the future. Additionally, those who move forward in our process will be required to complete an online assessment, credit score check, criminal record check and references*
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year