About the jobToday, from the moment you connect to the internet, most websites focus on learning everything they can about you. In Web 3, the moment you share an Ethereum, Bitcoin, Solana, or Tezos wallet address with anyone, you expose your entire on-chain transaction history to the world.
To us, this is crazy. We should have complete agency and control over what stories we share and how we share them. We believe the same should be true on the internet. This is why we are stewarding the development of Tari, a default-private digital asset protocol.
Tari is unique with a highly intentional design. It is being architected as a merge-mined sidechain on Monero, the biggest privacy-enhancing cryptocurrency on the planet. It has a novel construction for a digital-asset issuance layer that will make it highly performant. And most importantly, it is being designed with our primary user in mind: developers. Our mission is to make it easy for developers to create and deploy Web 3 interoperable applications that are highly scalable and secure without spending months on audits.
In addition to stewarding the development of this new protocol, we are building the first application that will use it. This app is Yat, a new censorship-resistant internet identity system that enables everyone to use a personalized string of emojis as their universal username.
Why emojis? Over 90% of online users on Earth use emojis every single day. They are genuinely our global language. We use them to tell stories and connect with others in a beautifully simple way. Yats create a system that allows people to own a single emoji or string of emojis that best represents them. Yats are owned by whoever creates them and are an internet freedom product. Imagine a world where we all own self-sovereign emoji identities that are self-directed, deeply censorship-resistant, and cannot be canceled.
What if instead of johnsmith535, someone could be 🔥🐉 or 👑 🎳(kingpin) or 🦄🤖💃? They could use this unique emoji username to do the same things they could do with a standard username, like sending or receiving money, chatting with friends, or creating a website. This would change how we connect. Instead of one-dimensional email addresses, usernames, or phone numbers that say nothing about us, we could express ourselves in truly remarkable ways. The possibilities are endless.
At Yat Labs, we are building an incredibly talented and dedicated team to make Yat the preferred form of self-sovereign identity for everyone on Earth.
Yat and Tari are the brainchildren of Tari Labs; the fast-growing startup focused on building privacy and pervasive privacy technologies for everyone on Earth. They were both co-founded by Naveen Jain (who also founded Sparkart). They are backed by Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin Capital, Trinity Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Canaan Partners, Slow Ventures, and many more of the best investors in the world.
As the Creative Developer, you will work with our design and front-end teams to build gorgeous user experiences. Have a look at our Yat creator dashboard . Notice the dozens of user delights. The glow changes behind the yat as the rhythm score changes. The checkout and close buttons playfully interact with the mouse cursor. The input field handles text, emojis, and graphics seamlessly and intuitively. If you dig in a bit further, have a look at the Yat Visualiser .
If this sounds like you, join us!
This role is globally remote.
- You are a rockstar designer that has made a slight or heavy shift over to coding
- You live for making AMAZING experiences that look equally good on web and mobile
- You'll love working with other world-class designers to make your joint vision a living, breathing reality
- You love the nimbleness of the startup environment and are capable of dealing with the pace and change that comes with it
- You have an eye for quality and detail (e.g. you spotted the typos in this JD, which initially annoyed you, but now know were just part of the test)
What You'll Do:
- Build pixel-perfect, fluid, and delightful UIs across the web and mobile interfaces
- You take the designs to the next level, adding value during the implementation
- Work with a front-end engineer to build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- A background or qualification in digital design with a portfolio of dazzling creative output
- 5+ years of combined design and coding experience
- 2+ yrs experience in ReactJs
- Organized, able to be self-managed, and able to collaborate across teams spread over multiple time zones.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Framer Motion
- Experience in WebGL
- 3+ years of coding experience
- 100% Globally Remote
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved one for the US & Canada
- 401k program for the US
- Flexible work schedule and paid time to create your work/life harmony
- An international team of highly talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations
- The latest technology and equipment to do your best work from your home office
- Be an OG in a young project that is already making 🌊
That's all to say: these job listings are approximations!
If you're a curious and passionate person, we want to hear from you. We are all generalists who like to dip our toes into different fields and skillsets, so if a job isn't a 100% fit, don't worry!
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.