About the jobCompany Description
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Our Visa internship program occurs during the summer months only.
Are you curious about payments and digital currencies (cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, etc.) and how they fit together? In this role, you will be part of the global Visa Crypto team responsible for creating and growing new revenue streams for Visa through emerging crypto products, innovative partnerships, and tailored programs. This role is ideal for someone who wants to be at the forefront of Visa’s evolving crypto strategy. You are disciplined, detail-oriented, and creative. You learn fast and are a persuasive, resourceful teammate. You’ll have to think on your feet, ask the right questions, and get a lot done quickly.
Job Duties And Projects Could Include
- Analyze large sets of data to gather insights and to present findings to the wider product team and cross-functional teams
- Contribute to technical sessions that involve diving deeper into topics such as blockchain, cryptography, and architecture reviews
- Propose and drive changes to Visa’s core processes that supports the proliferation of Crypto over Visanet
- Conduct competitive analysis to establish how Visa is positioned in the market
- Lead analysis on Visa’s existing crypto card programs to capture trends and insights
- Execute deep dive research into different cryptocurrency topics such as cryptography, specific currencies, blockchain, etc. and present findings to wider fintech team and organization Inform the product roadmap and identify areas/opportunities for Visa to capture in the digital currency space
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or a related field, graduating between December 2022 - August 2023
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment
- Passion and strong knowledge of digital currency, blockchains, and NFTs
- Outstanding executive communication skills (verbal and visual) with an ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to correlate data and trends to business drivers, while thinking big and leading executive messaging; utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with ease
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to work on bleeding edge of payments and digital currencies working for the industry leader
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.