About the job
Founded in 2014, Kaiko is a global fintech company, with offices in NYC, London, Paris, and Singapore. Rapidly growing, we are the leading crypto market data provider for financial institutions and enterprises in the digital asset space.
What We Do
Kaiko provides financial data products and solutions, across three main business units:
Market Data: “CEX” Centralized Exchanges Market Data: we collect, structure and distribute market data from 100+ cryptocurrency trading venues; “DEX” Decentralized Protocols Market Data: we run blockchain infrastructure in order to read, collect, engineer and distribute venue-level market data from DeFI protocols.
Analytics: proprietary quantitative models & data solutions to price and assess risk.
Indices: suite of mono-assets rates and benchmarks, as well as cross-assets indices.
Kaiko’s products are available worldwide on all networks and infrastructures: public APIs, private & on-premises networks; private & hybrid cloud set-ups; blockchain native (Kaiko oracles solution).
Additionally, Kaiko’s Research publications are read by thousands of industry professionals and cited in the world’s leading media organizations. We provide original insights and in-depth analysis on crypto markets using Kaiko’s data and products.
Who We Are
We’re a team of 80 (and growing) passionate individuals with a deep interest in building data solutions and supporting the growth of the digital finance economy. We’re proud of Kaiko’s talented team and are committed to our international representation and diversity. Our people, and their values, are the foundation of our continued success.
About your Role
Kaiko is the leading source of cryptocurrency market data, providing businesses with industrial-grade and regulatory-compliant data. Kaiko’s proprietary products are built to empower financial institutions and cryptocurrency businesses with solutions ranging from portfolio valuation to strategy backtesting, performance reporting, charting, analysis, indices, and pre-and post-trade.
Due to the development of crypto products and the emergence of new decentralized platforms, novel research topics in quantitative finance have been appearing. In April 2022, Kaiko expanded its offering in quantitative analytics solutions by acquiring Kesitys, a provider of quantitative decision tools for risk optimization; and launched a new business unit dedicated to quantitative analytics products.
The objective of Kaiko’s new business unit is to create a complete suite of products to assist market operators throughout the entire portfolio lifecycle: from strategy design to strategy execution to reporting. Our quantitative products are divided into three parts:
(i) Portfolio Solutions containing all products needed by asset managers: NAV computation, compliance, and risk reporting (Value-at-Risk forecast, Expected Shortfall …)
(ii) Pricing Services containing products to get trustful and accurate spot prices (on an over-fragmented market), implied volatilities, interest rate curves …
(iii) Investment Decision Tools that gather transaction costs analysis products, arbitrage detection signals, and others.
The goal is also to provide answers and standards regarding financial modeling, stochastic risk modeling, and new statistical modeling adapted to crypto and decentralized finance. Thus, all products are and will be specifically designed for crypto-currencies using proprietary and transparent methodology.
The Data Analyst Intern reports to the PM and M.D. Quantative Data. The intern works with all relevant stakeholders and participates in expanding our offering on the following topics:
- Product Research
- Data analysis to better understand and model the cryptocurrency assets and their underlying risks.
- Business and technical analysis to design or improve new quantitative products and services.
- Product Prototyping: numerical studies and implementation of MVPs for the new features and products.
- Product Documentation: writing of internal and external documentation and research papers to explain your work.
- Our roadmap is varied and several internship topics are available depending on the skills and wishes of the intern:
- Aggregation of interet rates across centralized and decentralized platforms.
- Impact study and modification of the computation of reference prices in all our products.
- Risk modelling on decentralized lending and borrowing protocols.
- Background in finance, computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering, or other quantitative disciplines with relevant financial modeling and data science experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of financial vehicles
- Tech affinity towards building an internal technical product
- Strong programming skills and algo implementation (Python/R)
- Business driven spirit as products are meant to drive revenues in the first place
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally
- Due to the very nature of the digital asset industry, a high level of initiative is to be expected for such a position.
- MSc. in finance, computer science, mathematics, physics, or another quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial products.
- Programming qualifications with a high level of proficiency in Python are strongly preferred.
- Fully fluent in English.
What we Offer
- 6 paid holidays
- The hardware of your choice
- Meal vouchers (Swile 10€/working day)
- Contribution to your monthly gym subscription (up to 15€ maximum)
- Contribution to daily commuting
- Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
- An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
- Staff surprises!
- Contract type: Long-term internship (6 months)
- Desired starting date: ASAP
- Location: Paris, 2 rue de choiseul, France
- Compensation: 2300€ gross salary
Talent Acquisition Process:
- Interview with the Talent Acquisition team
- Call with the Hiring Manager
- Technical test / Business Case
- Cross team interviews with 2-3 team members (30 min)
Diversity & Inclusion
At Kaiko, we believe in the diversity of thought because we appreciate that this makes us stronger. Therefore, we encourage applications from everyone who can offer their unique experience to our collective achievements.