About the job
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining optimal data pipelines to streamline the digestion and organization of crypto-related data
- Transform, clean and maintain the data so other business units such as research, finance could easily access and analyze the data. Front-end skill helpful but not necessary.
- Design, build and maintain real-time data pipelines that process blockchain transactions from dozens of different blockchain networks.
- Develop data models that translate complex, esoteric blockchain data into standardized formats that are analytics-ready.
- Design automated systems that evaluate and parse the results of smart contract calls.
- Work alongside the Data Science team to curate and prototype new data-sets to tackle emerging problems.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Requirements / Skill Sets:
- You possess a strong technical background that includes 2+ years of experience working in a senior engineering position with data infrastructure/distributed systems.
- Good understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrencies is preferred
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Skillset we are looking for (any subset of the below combinations):
- Databases - SQL, NoSQL, GraphQL, etc
- Blockchain - Solidity, Rust etc
- Data handling - Spark, Apache, Airflow including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Big data tools - Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc
- Cloud Computing - AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Scripting languages - Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.