Data Engineer Intern – Summer 2023
As a Data Engineer with the Exchange Data Engineering Team, you will work with individuals across the organization to help advance IEX's data technology initiatives. This is a cross-functional opportunity where you will be able to leverage your technical and problem-solving skills to help IEX set new standards and raise the bar for performance, fairness, and transparency.
No prior finance experience is necessary - just an appetite to dive deep into the raw data, projects, and learn as you go. As an intern, you will help us build a scalable solution to tackle challenges in timely ingestion, coherent data visualizations and performant data mining in databases that grow terabytes per week.
- Willingness to take on challenges, no matter how big or small
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
What you'll do:
- Work with Kdb+/q and its ecosystem, Jenkins, and Tableau
- Design and implement solutions to efficiently collect and query data for business and regulatory purposes
- Build enhancements to the current data platform
- Work closely with the team on maintaining and supporting real-time data processes and daily jobs
- Create wiki pages to share notes with the team
- Undergraduate working towards a degree in Engineering, Science, or Math
- Familiarity with database queries, extract-load-transform concepts, a coding language
- Experience working with Linux, Windows, and shell-scripting. Working knowledge of Jenkins and Confluence are a plus
- Ability to share knowledge, and to provide answers to questions based on data
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay is $30.00/hour for this NY-based position. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The annual base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.