About the job
Datacenter Site Development Director
Location: Bowie, TX 76230
Position Type: Direct Hire
Hourly / Salary: 110-120K target, but possible flex for more senior (plus 10% performance-based bonus)
Our client is looking for a Site Development Director to join their team!
Our client is seeking a Site Development Director to join their team to help analyze, develop, and execute Bitcoin Mining Farm development initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have an understanding of how to identify and develop prospective sites to ensure the best use of time, company funds, and resources.
- Have the ability to evaluate the merits of a construction site, develop a construction budget, find a design and construction team, oversee the entire construction process and ensure that the construction process is safe, efficient and cost-effective.
- The Site Development Director will be tenacious, results-driven, and an excellent project manager and also be familiar with Bitcoin mining and mining farm operations.
- Create a framework/checklist for effectively evaluating new Bitcoin Mining Farm sites.
- Support the site inquiry and diligence process to vet prospective sites.
- Assess site risks and opportunities by compiling and/or analyzing geographical location and specific prospective site information.
- Develop scalable, efficient processes to improve communication for site development.
- Work collaboratively with the origination team to lead due diligence of Bitcoin Mining Farm sites and serve as an intermediary between origination and site development teams.
- Manage a cross functional team of internal and external subject matter experts.
- Support commercial negotiations with 3rd party teams and take the lead on key development provisions.
- Creating an overarching site development strategy and formulating corresponding construction plans and details.
- Supervise the construction vendors in accordance with the construction plan during the construction process, and ensure the construction quality
- Communicate expectations to vendors and contractors for deliverable due dates, budgetary targets and/or site-specific details.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key third party development consultants, including environmental, interconnection, legal counsel and development engineering firms
- Proven success and ability to drive, lead and communicate change effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability to a changing, rapidly growing environment.
- 3+ years of data center construction/operation, system integration related projects or energy-storage projects development experience, or 2+ years of cryptocurrency mining farm development experience.
- Familiar with the knowledge in the field of IDC construction, and have the planning, design, construction, project management, operation and maintenance capabilities of 2 to 3 related modules in the IDC construction, such as UPS, HVAC, refrigeration, weak current (integrated wiring, physical security, etc.), fire protection and other modules.
- Have rich experience in risk assessment and fault handling; lead and organize the analysis and handling of technical problems in mining farm operation and maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate related tasks such as progress, plans, timelines, requirements, etc. effectively with coworkers, contractors, management and other stakeholders
- Familiar with the corresponding legal and regulatory requirements for Crypto Mining Farm construction
- Familiarity with basic power/electricity knowledge, with a basic understanding of the working principles and functions of transformers, low-voltage power distribution cabinets, high-voltage switch cabinets, and PDUs
- Proficient in Autocad, Project, Visio and other tools and software.
- Experience managing construction work.
- Construction Superintendent working experience.
- Experience managing IT operation and maintenance team
- Strong interest in cryptocurrency and related industries