At Electric Coin Company, we're on a mission to empower everyone with economic freedom and opportunity. We invented and support Zcash, a privacy-preserving digital currency built on strong science. As we continue our commitment to the growth of Zcash we must continue our commitment to supporting our open source developer community.
As the Developer Relations Lead, your primary focus is the development and ongoing management of a strong relationship with the Zcash developer community. This is a multifaceted and dynamic opportunity to become the public advocate for developers in the Zcash ecosystem. The role also requires the ability to serve as a bridge between technical and non-technical resources, breaking down complex technical topics as necessary to support ECC’s ongoing mission. You will coordinate and participate in code demos, workshops and other outreach activities, which will require some project management capabilities. We are looking for a collaborative, humble self-starter who can hit the ground running. Together, we can showcase the cutting-edge products that ECC creates to the broader community.
We have few concrete requirements. We're flexible, but we're looking for someone with experience with the following…
- Demonstrated ability to build momentum and excitement within a developer community
- Proven success writing technical documentation with a preference for experience in the open source community
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, including the ability to break down technical concepts into simpler terms for non-technical users
- Comfort operating as a technical developer relations liaison, helping open source developers use ECC libraries and guiding them to success
Some explicit non-requirements are:
- Public-speaking or other community-focused exposure
- Any particular credentials, educational or title-related
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies in particular, though some background knowledge is helpful. However, if needed, we will happily teach you
Why take this job? Here are a few reasons:
- Remote first—live where you want and work remotely.
- We believe in self-care. We commonly move meetings for colleagues' personal obligations. Your life comes first.
- Fun Fridays. No meetings on Fridays and you can work on anything work related that you want.
- Everything we do is open source.
We have a strong ethos of professional conduct. We're looking for people who can work in the professional environment we want our company to be. This means you need the empathy and emotional intelligence to be a supportive colleague and collaborate well with people of widely different backgrounds, personalities, and skill sets.
At the end of the day, we're looking for someone who's as excited as we are about building the future of cryptocurrency. Sound like you? Get in touch!