About the job
Who We Are
Based in Lausanne, METACO is the leading provider of security-critical infrastructure enabling financial institutions to enter the digital asset ecosystem. Trusted by top banks, exchanges and infrastructure providers globally, we strive to deliver best-in-class products and services that help our clients achieve customer and business success.
At METACO, we lay the foundations to transform the financial services industry by building the digital asset infrastructure that will revolutionize finance for generations to come.
We are looking for an experienced Devops Engineer to join our team in Lausanne, Switzerland. As a member of our team, you would be contributing to the development of our platform, a digital asset management solution for banks. Working closely with blockchain experts, software engineers and hardware manufacturers, your contribution would have a direct impact on the evolution of the cryptocurrency/fintech industry as we know it today.
AS A DEVOPS ENGINEER YOU WILL
DevOps is responsible for building platforms and frameworks to create consistent, verifiable, and automatic delivery pipeline that assists in building the environment more efficiently. To be successful as a DevOps architect, you should demonstrate a leadership mindset, solid operational experience, and the ability to problem-solve and be knowledgeable about the latest industry trends, and highly innovative.
• Advise on implementing DevOps best practices and provide architectural governance
• Architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure
• Architecting of microservices and distributed applications, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
• Designing efficient practices as per latest industry trends
• Logging and telemetry, IAC (Infrastructure as code) automation
• Package and deploy software to dev/test environments in both Linux and Windows by using Docker, Kubernetes
• Container builds/deployments using Multi-Stage Docker files, Docker Compose and Kubernetes
• Very good knowledge and experience with Kubernetes (operators, stateful set, helm, argocd, flux…)
• Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
• Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies, and can articulate best practice approaches and practices
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute. Development background preferred
• 7+ years’ experience in analyzing current state of DevOps practices within big/ medium portfolio, and then leading, developing & deploying DevOps practices strategy to big/ medium portfolio • 7+ years’ experience in building CI/CD pipelines (Release Pipelines) using Gitlab CI-CD Platform/Tool
• Orchestrate and solve scalability, automation and industrialization issues of several projects on a Kubernetes/Docker infrastructure.
• Good Experience with Linux/Unix Systems and Azure/GCP cloud. Gitlab CI/CD, Kubernetes (operators, stateful set, helm, flux…)
• Strong experience with Docker Management Platform, Leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps within the Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application
• Deploy applications in different environments on a regular basis.
• Participate in the implementation of solutions and processes for monitoring the operation and quality of production via appropriate metrics.
• Have a cross-functional role that requires a good understanding of the development stages of a multi-service cloud platform as well as the deployment and production issues.
• Working knowledge of administering JVM microservices in production
• Good understanding and troubleshooting skills on Linux system administration and networking
• Good Azure, Google Cloud and AWS administration skills
• Strong knowledge of container ecosystems, mainly Kubernetes and Docker
• Infrastructure automation using K8S operators, Terraform, Puppet, Python or similar
• Managing a CI/CD pipeline on GitLab
Why METACO SA
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company, working together to tackle the most challenging problems at the intersection of distributed systems, cryptography, and finance. We provide an entrepreneurial culture, where merit, contribution and teamwork are rewarded. Our team is important to us, and we work hard to support both the personal and professional development of team members in a comfortable office environment (virus-permitting) and team-oriented atmosphere. We understand that maintaining a good work-life balance is crucial to a healthy and happy workplace, that is why we provide flexible working policies for employees to fit their individual needs. Join us to make your mark on the transformation of the financial services industry.