About the jobThis is a key time to be joining British Airways as we Build a Better BA. We take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are. If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
The DevOps Product Owner/ Tech Lead is in charge of the development delivery process and leads the DevOps team. In this role you'll drive the teams engineering practices in test driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment. You'll use your experience to help increase speed of delivery, improve quality/security of code, and optimise processes for the development team.
An inspiring and efficient people manager, you'll also lead the team responsible for infrastructure-as-code deployment tooling and supporting services.
- Acting as the day-to-day operational and infrastructural lead for live products and services; continuous, end-to-end integration/deployment/delivery/feedback (CI/CD/CF) environments; and overall service availability and site reliability
- Developing and operating demonstrably reliable, scalable, secure, and SLA-able systems, services, data, platforms, and other related resources for the defined Product Area
- Providing the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality
- Identifying bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes
- Leading planning delivery time, code quality, and process efficiency improvement projects
- Building coding standardisations and automating processes
- Providing the business with critical intelligence, insights, traceability, observability, accountability, and verifiability throughout the DevOps cycle
- Understands operational aspects of resilient, highly concurrent, distributed, reactive, message-driven, and serverless architectures, high-performance data pipelines
- Conscious of operational large-scale, high-precision Data Ops, data engineering, and information engineering; data warehouses, lakes, lakehouses, fabrics, and pipelines (e.g. Snowflake, Airflow, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, Spark, dbt etc.
- Able to utilise Web3 and blockchain technologies, emerging paradigms, and supporting tooling and API ecosystems (e.g., Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric, Solidity, Truffle, Ganache, MetaMask; dApps, smart contracts)
- Experience deploying operational elements of leading MLOps stacks, frameworks, tools, and APIs for end-to-end Deep Learning and Machine Learning development (e.g., PyTorch, TensorFlow, SageMaker, MLflow, DVC, Kubeflow, Airflow)
- People management experience
Your impact on British Airways will be rewarded with a competitive rewards package plus the opportunity to develop and progress your career in many directions.
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within BA, you’ll have access to our competitive reward and benefits package. This includes core company paid benefits such as a Defined Contribution pension scheme, generous Life Assurance cover and a whole host of options to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing. You can also sign up for a range of voluntary benefits such as Private Medical cover, Dental and Critical Illness cover, Technology Scheme, Cycle to Work and Electric Car Scheme. And of course, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefit of staff travel as soon as you join us.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.