About the jobThe global financial ecosystem is changing. Revolutionary blockchain technology has unlocked the potential for people around the world to have more equal access to wealth and information. This transformation has begun with the mass global adoption of cryptocurrencies but like all new financial systems, it needs greater trust to realize its full potential and remain safe from bad actors. That’s where we come in. The Chainalysis blockchain data platform enables businesses, governments, and banks to solve the world’s most high-profile criminal cases, paving the way for an economy built on blockchains.
The Policy and Regulatory Affairs team at Chainalysis advises both internal and external stakeholders on the forefront of cryptocurrency and its constantly evolving landscape. Our job is to ensure the company continues its rapid growth by employing sound and efficient legislative and regulatory analysis to support operations at the company, working with public and private sector clients to understand the policy environment and comparative approaches, influencing government agencies and lawmakers, and shaping a groundbreaking industry as it matures and becomes more widely adopted.
The Head of Public Policy APAC knows policy and regulation related to emerging financial technologies like the back of their hand and is already an expert on regulations like the FATF standard for AML/CFT, market integrity and financial consumer protection rules. They'll be an advocate, educator, and evangelist for Chainalysis and the cryptocurrency market as a whole. They have the ability, standing and network to lead the policy function across the region, representing Chainalysis, contributing to policy and regulatory debates, and supporting engagement with public sector stakeholders in particular.
We measure success by how well your analysis, advisory, education and advocacy activities mitigate risks and enable growth for the company and a digital economy.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Worked with leadership to implement a successful key stakeholder engagement strategy on policy and regulatory matters across APAC.
- Become an expert on applicable laws, regulations, and enforcement actions to identify emerging risks with the cryptocurrency community and alert management to trends and risks.
- Worked closely with the other members of the Public Policy team to define positions and strategy on policy and regulatory issues to both support the business and promote the mission of our customers.
- Represented Chainalysis through industry and public sector engagement at working groups, panels and events to establish Chainalysis as a high-value and trusted partner.
- Influenced emerging and strategic issues in legislative, regulatory, and industry venues which impact Chainalysis and the cryptocurrency industry through various means including participation in professional groups, industry associations, and committees.
- Supported the development and dissemination of positions, constructive solutions and building industry coalitions across APAC to advance Chainalysis’s objectives, including through comments on regulations, and policy-related talking points and messages.
- Advised and supported colleagues and customers, particularly in the public sector, to ensure all stakeholders are educated on our products, capabilities, and how they interact with broader legislative and regulatory developments.
- Partnered with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and other teams to establish a rapport, maintain a positive working relationship, and provide policy support regarding the achievement of business objectives including in the development of product features to meet regulatory requirements.
A Background Like This Helps
- A Master's Degree in Public Policy or International Affairs is very helpful, but not required.
- Professional experience related to regulation, public policy, financial crimes, cybercrimes, tax, traditional financial services, financial consumer protection or other relevant topics related to the Chainalysis business.
- An understanding of and interest in digital assets.
- Gravitas and the ability to quickly establish trust and confidence with high-profile government leaders as an advisor and counselor.
- A proven track record of supporting and executing successful regulatory and government affairs initiatives to achieve enterprise-wide results; proven experience building partnerships and strategic alliances between public and private entities.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.