About the job
21.co is the world’s leader in providing access to crypto through simple and easy to use products. 21.co is the parent company of 21Shares and Amun, and its mission is to build bridges into the crypto world.
21Shares is the world’s largest issuer of cryptocurrency exchange traded products (ETPs) and is powered by Onyx, a proprietary technology platform used to issue and operate cryptocurrency ETPs for 21Shares and third parties. 21Shares mission is to make crypto easy.
Amun is a blockchain infrastructure company focused on making purchasing crypto more accessible by offering a suite of tools for passive strategies across major DeFi platforms. Amun’s mission is to simplify your crypto journey.
The company was founded in 2018 by Hany Rashwan and Ophelia Snyder and is a global organization, with offices in Zurich and New York. Cathie Wood, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer of ARK Invest is a board member.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to lead our talented multidisciplinary design team at a product led organization. If you are someone who is passionate about crypto, making complex applications simple & usable based on data & insights from real people, we’d like to hear from you. You will be managing all aspects of the product design team and process, and you will be threading design and product thinking together to deliver original human-centric solutions.
What You Will Be Doing:
- As the Director of Product Design, you will help lead the product development efforts for all of 21.co’s business lines by guiding our product design team and working cross functionally with other team leaders
- Manage our team of designers embedded on squads, guiding both performance and growth, while assisting in the recruitment process to onboard new talent
- Be accountable for the quality of the 21.co user experience, advocating for design across our internal teams
- Work through the design team to create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems and user journeys
- Drive design strategy and push to support potential opportunities that are backed by research and data, strategically driving a path forward beyond MVP
- Collaborate with designers and cross-functional teams to ensure the best, most relevant practices are employed and are evolving through the growth of the company
- Coach teams on how to validate their designs with the right user science tool for the job
- Define design systems that can easily be grasped by all team members
What You Will Need to Be Great In This Role:
- 8+ years of digital/product design experience, 5+ years of building and managing high performance teams
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership, and driving results in a fast-paced, iterative, startup environment
- Ability to balance growth levers that drive business impact with experiences that adhere to longer-term brand and experience strategies
- Well versed in, and opinionated about, visual and user experience design
- Comfortable leading teams of designers and non-designers through design-led activities and processes
- You're an expert in web and mobile app design best practices and stay current with crypto and fintech updates, trends, and design patterns