About the Position:
Fireblocks is one of the most well-funded and fastest-growing start-ups in the crypto and blockchain space. We’re on a mission to enable every business in the world to securely and easily support digital assets and cryptocurrencies. Today, over 1500 customers rely on the Fireblocks platform to store, transfer and issue digital assets – and we’re just getting started.
Fireblocks is looking for a Director of Risk Management with the ability to assess risk, develop mitigation plans, and serve as a risk subject matter expert on all product risk fronts.
This is an opportunity to join a newly formed team with a mandate to help drive meaningful growth for Fireblocks. The right individual will have a hand in building a risk management team from the ground up.
- Deep involvement in the product development processes - Identify, quantify, and monitor risks to enable risk-based actions and decision-making by business leaders
- Provide risk expertise consultation, support, and constructive challenge to complex business areas with high risk
- Co-develop risk mitigation strategies/action plans with risk owners to address the highest priority risks and be able to execute them
- Develop, support, and track reporting requirements (KPIs and KRIs), and communicate these metrics to senior leadership
- Champion a strong risk culture
- Monitor industry trends and maintain compliance with regulatory expectations and requirements
- 6+ years of product background, high technical skills, and ability to work closely with the Product and R&D teams
- High level understanding of risk management and experience in evaluating risk and implementing corrective action.
- Proven leadership capabilities as well as building strong collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Great communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management experience and prioritization skills needed
- Undergraduate degree required