- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - Canada only (Time Zone: EST | Partial overlap)
- SALARY: $75,000 – $91,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Director (Product Management)for one of our clients.
Full-time – Starting September/October 2022, for a 12-month FTE contract, with the possibility of a longer-term extension.
3+ years of Senior Product Management experience with online platforms
1+ years of technical experience on software development projects
Strong product sense and data analytics experience, grounding all product decisions in user feedback, and measurable impact
An ability to thrive when you collaborate with cross-functional teams
Clear and effective communicator who can manage conflicting points of view and articulate the rationale behind your decisions
You are motivated, disciplined, deliver under tight timelines and work effectively with senior management and external partners.
What you’ll be working on
“The Accessibility Exchange” is a Canadian online platform designed to assist federally regulated organizations (FRO) in finding and recruiting diverse people with disabilities and Deaf people and their organizations, to participate in developing and implementing FRO’s accessibility plans as required under the Accessible Canada Act.
IRIS – Institute for Research and Development on Inclusion and Society – is managing this initiative in partnership with diverse disability and Deaf community representatives, and with input from the federally regulated sector and technical and legal experts.
As Director, you are leading the refinement of the platform’s sales, virtual, and off-line services throughout the first phase of implementation. You are user focused, innovative and a skillful collaborator with sales and technical teams. You understand the challenges that come with building a visionary product user experience for both corporate and community clienteles.
You will be playing a leading role in building our outreach, customer experience, communications, and data analytics team. You should be a clear, effective communicator with those who design and code. You can lead and manage “sales” to build the platform’s user base – among people with disabilities, disability community organizations, and federal government and private sector stakeholders.
Many platform users will have disability-related needs that require individualized support. You will lead a customer service team that is fully responsive to their needs and ideally you bring lived experience of disability to inform your leadership. We sell the platform’s services to FROs, who have a broad range of priorities and internal capacity. Your experience with government and corporate sectors will help to build these relationships.
Reporting to IRIS’ Managing Director and the Director of Operations & Social Development, you will:
- Lead and own The Accessibility Exchange product roadmap from launch to full scale implementation, while managing the features backlog and aligning key internal and external stakeholders on current operating and future plans.
- Lead and manage “sales” to engage federally regulated private and public sector partners on the platform.
- Deliver a smooth and empowering product experience for our customers with an emphasis on quality, positive consultation outcomes and user retention.
- Work closely with and provide regular reports to the management team, developers, designers, and customer experience team. Your role is to manage an overall schedule, ensure results, and mitigate risks as they arise.
- Formulate product strategy and define clear measurable objectives through the delivery lifecycle that will lead to achieving our engagement goals.
- Manage the online Information Resource Hub.
- Identify long term growth opportunities and strategy.
- Lead the hiring, training, and development of a future team of 2-3 individuals, i.e., customer experience, participant support, sales, technical, data analysts, etc
You have lived experience of disability or as a Deaf person
Familiarity with public and private federally regulated organizations and the Accessible Canada Act.
Experience with non-profit platform-based social entrepreneurship.
Proficient in both English and French (written and oral)
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.