About the jobWe are looking for a director to join our teams charged with delivering best-in-class liquidity in a cost effective manner to Ripple’s customers. You will mentor, lead and grow the team responsible for liquidity and trading platforms that power Ripple’s payments and crypto liquidity products. The team is responsible for the planning and execution systems that enable price discovery for the long-tail of crypto assets and tokens via a globally distributed, highly performant trading platform. Ideal candidates will have a track record of leadership and technical excellence in designing and delivering reliable global-scale solutions. You will be a hands-on leader, diving deep to set the right goals, set technical direction and deliver results in an incremental manner without sacrificing a long-term vision. You must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership for our planning and execution systems that scalably and reliably deliver best-in-class liquidity to our customers
- Own and deliver your roadmap while driving technical and operational excellence across our engineering and machine learning systems
- Be a program owner, responsible for business outcomes and technological innovation
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team, both your direct reports and the broader org
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s inventions and processes so we can rapidly deliver innovations for customers
What We’re Looking For
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 7+ years of experience managing engineering teams; have managed engineering teams of 10+
- Track record of building, growing, and leading high performing engineering teams
- Experience delivering complex, real-time internet-scale data intensive software systems; preferred if in finance or trading domains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Thrive on autonomy and responsibility
- Track record of recruiting and mentoring world-class teams
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.