We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our growing finance team. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and execute on multiple international initiatives. You are a technical accountant expert and strive for operational excellence, standardized processes and the implementation of best practices.
- Ensure the proper daily financial accounting as well as the timely month end closing and reporting process for our Swiss entities. This will include preparing and reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Supervise banking and AP service providers and ensure efficient processing with high-data quality in respective payroll, AP, AR and banking subledgers
- Oversee the procurement process and ensure effective operational controls
- Perform internal controls and ensure up-to-date process documentation
- Actively challenge and improve our global processes with a focus on automation
- Prepare input into VAT and tax submissions
- Continually identify improvements to make the accounting function more efficient
- Be a team player and be willing to take on ad-hoc requests in an exciting environment
- Swiss Certified Specialist for Finance and Accounting or equivalent
- Fluent in English and German to handle and apply accounting, financial, legal and tax relevant documentation, regulation, submissions and statements
- Experience in system implementation and integration
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic, continuously evolving environment.
- Able to work independently and across different cultures and time zones
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic and ability to be a business partner with various parts of a small, but very quickly growing organization