About the jobJob Reference #
Do you want to have a leadership role in the preventing criminals and terrorists from abusing the financial and legislative systems? Are you the type of person who can help in the development and implementation of programs to prevent financial crimes that apply to UBS Bank USA ("BUSA"), and enhance governance and management reporting processes for key stakeholders, control committees and the Bank's Board of Directors? Are you an individual capable of undertaking a demanding yet rewarding role that entails a focus on both strategic thinking and execution?
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- support the BUSA Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer particularly in the areas of
- advising on a new business initiative (NBI) involving digital banking
- assessing the Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) risks (anti-money laundering, sanctions, and anti-bribery and corruption) associated with the NBI
- assessing end to end FCP-related processes for the NBI, recommending the extent to which existing process may support the NBI, identifying coverage gaps, and recommending actions to close the gaps
- helping to develop FCP policies, procedures, and training for the LOB for the new business
- staff capacity planning for the NBI
- ensuring that existing BUSA FCP-governance processes and the management information program support the NBI, and that customers and products offered by the NBI are included in UBS's customer risk rating model and risk assessment
- provide guidance to senior executives and business managers relating to FCP risks, controls and governance pertaining to the NBI
- provide BAU support for the NBI once it has been launched
- when needed, provide advisory support for BUSA’s BAU FCP Program, with a focus on customer risk matter, suspicious activity reviews, policy and procedure development, and FCP governance and reporting.
You will be working with the NBI team and FCP team, in the Compliance & Operational Risk function, based in Weehawken, NJ. The Financial Crime team helps UBS in the fight against money-laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- 4 year college degree or international equivalent
- ideally 5+ years of prior AML compliance or related regulatory experience with a wealth management, broker dealer, digital bank, commercial bank, fintech, retail and/or private bank, and/or correspondent bank or 8+ years of compliance related experience at a law firm, regulatory agency, financial institution, public policy institute, major consulting firm or in law enforcement
- 3 – 5 years of experience in digital banking is preferred, but not required
- proven recent experience in a senior anti-money laundering compliance role in the banking or securities industries is preferred, with experience covering lending products, offered on digital banking platforms
- experience handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion with a focus on the maintenance of client privacy
- knowledge and experience in handling cyber-security and fraud detection for digital banking platforms
- understanding of Core Banking and Cash Management products including deposits, sweeps, money funds, and account features (EFT, bill pay, checking, P2P, etc.) is a plus
- familiarity of digital wallets and money management, fast payments, or cryptocurrency is a plus
- ability to interact with, and present to, all levels of management and regulators
- strong interpersonal skills, are team-oriented, and able to calmly manage conflict and pressure in a demanding, high-volume environment
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) / Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) / Certified AML and Fraud Professional (CAFP) is a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.