If you haven’t heard of Wirex, then you’ll now know why we’re recruiting - we’re a fintech secret on the cusp of becoming famous! With a genuinely differentiated product, we’re connecting crypto, currencies and convenience for users around the world - all wrapped in an app and armed with a VISA card that can be used to pay for the tube, swap currencies (digital and fiat), or buy ‘that’ new thing you saw last time you visited the local shopping mall.
Our consumers are many, and everywhere – but we’re looking to build and scale our brand. With 3 product offerings (APAC, NA and Europe) we’re a 24-7 diverse collection of people, from hardcore crypto geeks to people that are just passionate about being in fintech and working on a new way of making payments faster and simpler.
Financial Crime Team Leader
UK - London
We’re Wirex and we’re not like anyone else. Why? Because we always do things our way, before anyone else does them – like creating the first ever debit card that lets you pay with crypto, making it easier for ordinary people to access DeFi-powered savings and setting up the world’s first cryptocurrency rewards scheme.
Our vision is a world in which everyone can enjoy the benefits of digital currency – everything from the power to send money around the world near-instantly without breaking the bank to buying, storing and exchanging 40+ top tokens on a secure, easy-to-use platform at some of the best rates in the industry.
We must be doing something right, because more than 5 million people across 130 countries are helping to change the world by using Wirex.
Are you part of the digital money movement? Do you want to change the way people think about money, forever? If your skills fit our vision and you want to join a company that’s really going places.
The Financial Crime Team Leader role:
The Financial Crime Team Leader role will assist the Senior Financial Crime Manager with leading a team of financial crime analysts within the Global Risk & Compliance Department. As a Team Leader, you will manage the team and provide effective guidance. You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis, handling team queries relating to HR matters such as sickness, holidays, performance and any other team issues as they arise. You will provide assistance to the team with screening, monitoring, fraud investigations, AML, SARs and any other requests. Additionally, you will enhance and maintain a robust financial crime framework, in partnership with relevant stakeholders, to execute the firm’s strategy in accordance with its risk appetite, regulatory expectations and industry best practices.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Crime Manager, the Team Leader role will be responsible for being the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
Main Responsibilities for Financial Crime Team Leader:
- Create an inspiring and positive team environment with an open communication culture
- Setting clear team goals, delegating tasks and setting deadlines for your team
- Lead the investigations team and assist with the undertaking of AML and Fraud investigations
- Applying fraud rules as and when needed
- Review and file SARs to NCA
- Undertake ongoing AML monitoring and EDD case review, SoF/SoW documentation
- Undertake investigations for B2C line of business for both fiat and crypto products
- Assist and/or to conduct transaction testing, data validation, and ongoing customization of monitoring systems
- Review and contribute to compliance training materials for staff, as needed
- Participate in meetings with co-workers, individually or in a group, to identify gaps within current practices and regulatory requirements and then rectify the process to assure regulatory compliance
- Analyse content of both internal and external SARS to identify trends and present information to the Financial Crime Compliance Committee to enable the team to implement changes to minimise future exposure
- Produce regular management information specific to the Investigations Team, highlighting any backlogs and need for additional staff number.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Provide assistance to the Senior Financial Crime Manager with ongoing projects and any ad hoc requests
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Skills Required for Financial Crime Team Leader:
- 4+ years working in a FinTech environment, ideally in payments and/or crypto space
- 4+ Financial Crime/AML experience
- Previous experience leading a team is a must
- Strong communication skills; written, verbal and active listening
- Organised and comfortable working to deadlines and meeting targets
- Strong KYC/AML background and investigations experience
- Experience with SAR reporting
- CAMS, ICA or equivalent certificate is an advantage
Wirex Behaviours required for the position
- Ability to promote collaboration and sharing
- Contributes to creating a positive environment
- Passionate about their area of expertise
- Takes initiative, and creates a drives innovations for our customers
- Establishes high personal goals
- Works towards collective success
- Inspires and supports others to succeed
- 25 days holiday & Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- 1 Paid Charity Day
- Flexible working hours
- Remote / Central London Location
- Annual Training Allowance
- Annual Performance Bonus Pay
- Extensive opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech
- Companywide and team social events
If you have the experience and the knowledge to be successful in this Financial Crime Team Leader role, get in touch, and let’s discuss this exciting next step in your career.
Maybe you don’t meet every single requirement? We invite anyone who shares our passion, vision and demonstrates our company values to apply. Here at Wirex, we embrace unique, we celebrate individuality, and we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re passionate about this role but your previous experience doesn’t quite align with every requirement set out in the job description, we encourage you to apply, you may just be our next Wirexer!
Diversity and Inclusion
We invite applications from anyone who shares our vision and demonstrates our company values. If you have what it takes to perform the role and have the capabilities required that we have listed in the job description, then we want to hear from you.
We embrace unique and are immensely proud of our diverse team and inclusive culture, if you want to be a part of our exciting journey, don't hesitate to apply.