About the job
At Digital Village, we help companies transform for future relevance and become “out-pacers” through innovation. We do this by helping corporates act and think like technology companies, bringing speed and agility to their digital innovation journey.
Through business model innovation, we design new ways to drive value and revenue by co-creating products and services that change the game. We unearth new, impactful opportunities that set clients apart by turning innovative ideas into robust, practical and scalable solutions.
Our human-centered design approach is at the heart of how we co-design solutions that are truly unique, achieving measurable outcomes that show how we make innovation work. We are technology agnostic, relentlessly focused on what works best for our clients.
From ideation to implementation, we offer an experimental, collaborative and agile way of solving complex business challenges. This is supported by our dynamic tribe of innovators, strategic designers, and technology geeks who support our clients throughout their innovation journey to create long-lasting impact.
As a Solution Architect, you are aware of traditional enterprise architectures in financial institutions and thrive on putting forward a compelling case to think differently. You have a very good understanding of cloud-native architectures, service orientated, and event-driven architectures and their security considerations. You will also be required to identify innovative ways to drive adoption and ensure ‘stickiness’ of the product or service through the experience.
On the outside
- Work closely with Clients, Product Owners and Designers to develop and implement next-generation products
- Be part of the Business Development team to formulate and execute sales strategy
- Interact with the client and other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Be the technical liaison for our clients and the project team
- Participate in deep architectural discussion to support the value proposition and solution
On the inside
- Lead a technical team of at least 5-7 Developers and Testers (mix of onshore and offshore)
- Translate client requirements into technical requirements and specs
- Manage development sprints and release management process
- Participate in agile software development, prototyping and code reviews with a team of developers
- Participate in design and code reviews
The experience we are looking for:
- Track record of successful development projects with at least 8 years of relevant experience
- Track record of leading a team of developers in the role of a Tech Lead
- 1-2 years of experience managing distributed teams, conducting performance reviews and assisting others with career development.
- 5+ years of pre-sales technical experience including client relationship management, evaluation, architecture design, proposal generation, negotiations and closing.
- Experience in designing and delivering solutions with one or more blockchain platforms: R3 Corda, Hyperledger Fabric, DAML, Enterprise Ethereum, Hyperledger Indy/Aries.
- Experience in proposing solutions to C-Suite or VP level key decision makers.
- Experience implementing technical architecture concepts and methods as a technical architect on projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree - STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) majors preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of back-end programming and front-end language (Node.js/TypeScript and React Native/React.js)
- Familiarity with Git or other source control methods
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with SQL, NoSQL and designing schemas
- Have managed applications on one or more cloud environment (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Understanding of test-driven development (TDD)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration / Delivery methodology
- Knowledge of the Linux stack, and comfort with Bash commands
- Experience with web application security and incorporating security into the software development lifecycle
- Fast Learner - although you may not know all the technologies and methodologies out there, you are willing to learn quickly and apply them effectively. If you feel learning can never stop, this is the role for you.
- Team First Mentality - we are a tightly knit team that lean on each other and teach each other.
- A positive, can-do attitude
- A flair for creative thinking
- Understanding of human-centered design methodologies
- Bring passion
- Professional trust
- Adaptable and flexible to function in a multidisciplinary team
Additional value you have that will interest us:
- You have pre-sales experience driving technical solutions at an average value $1-5M.
- You have industry experience in financial services, supply chain management or customer loyalty engagement
- You have project experience through all phases of a typical software development lifecycle (SDLC), preferably with agile methods like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe.
- You have knowledge, training, or experience with technical architecture methodologies like TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, or similar.
- You have knowledge, training, or experience with emerging technologies and trends such as decentralized identity, confidential computing, extended reality, quantum computing, or robotics.
- You have experience and/or certifications with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure; namely choosing platform components and assembling application and runtime architecture.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by KPMG Talent Acquisition team, personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
At KPMG in Singapore we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, gender identity or expression, colour, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other non-merit factors. We celebrate the different talents that our people bring and support every staff member in their journey to achieve personal and professional growth. One of the ways we do this is through Take Charge: Flexi-work, our flexible working framework which enables agile and innovative teams to help deliver our business goals.