About the jobAt EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The GDS Compliance Team partners with other EY offices locally and across the globe to provide an array of compliance solutions to our clients. The team works on short to long term engagements, to provide assistance in establishing, maintaining and reviewing the outputs of business functions and compliance programs.
The team consists of professionals experienced in AML workstreams such as, Know Your Customer (KYC) Remediation, Transaction Monitoring, as well as, Name, Sanctions & PEP Screening, Wealth & Asset Management, conducting look-back reviews, compliance risk assessment reviews, loan file reviews, compliance testing, FATCA- CRS, etc. The scope of deliverables is growing rapidly due to increased regulatory activity. We are currently looking for an analyst to work on AML projects (Transaction Monitoring, KYC and Name/Sanctions Screening Investigations) for clients in the financial and multinational banking industries.
Know Your Customer (KYC) and Name Screening Investigations:
Reviewing customers’ background information which incorporates screening against sanctions lists, politically exposed persons (PEPs), adverse media and local/internal blacklist databases, using AML tools such as World Check, Norkom and other AML search engines.
AML- Transaction Monitoring:
Monitoring of customer transactions, including, but not limited to, assessing historical/current customer information and interactions to provide a complete picture of customer activity. This includes filing of Suspicious Activity Report if necessary.
What our Practice offers you?
We have one of the industry's largest and most experienced teams, with professionals recruited from top financial institutions and businesses, bringing with them deep product and market knowledge. Our considerable resources allow us to perform, even under the most demanding market conditions. The dynamic and growing practice of compliance offers you the chance to work on new areas, developing your skills and competencies. The changing nature of the regulations ensures that the work always remains fairly fresh. You will get the chance to work and get exposed to multiple clients and industries.
- Strong academic background, including a master’s degree (an advantage) in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or a related field
- Analyst – 1 to 3 years, Senior – 4 to 6 years AML work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate keen interest in compliance and regulatory issues related to Banking & Capital Markets industry as well as other financial industries and participants
- Take ownership and initiatives to improve the status quo
- Multi-task, learn on the job and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Deliver exceptional client service
- Pay attention to detail while maintaining a holistic view on the big picture
- Logical minded with common sense approach
- Be comfortable in asking questions, even in front of a big audience
- Seek to understand the overall process and objective before beginning to work on it
- Escalate issues and problems, articulate clearly to leadership, onshore and client team
- Demonstrate integrity, respect and be able to work collaboratively with team members
- Possess energy, enthusiasm and the courage to lead
- Experience in AML Cryptocurrency is a plus
We are looking for the candidates with the following:
- Strong academic background, including a master’s degree (an advantage) in Finance with an emphasis in Compliance, Economics, Risk, Accounting, Engineering or any related field
- Must have PC proficiency, including MS Excel
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills for client interactions
- Must be willing to work in the shifts if required
- Must have effective project management and teamwork skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Willing to travel and work for a short or long duration from other EY global sites with minimal supervision
- AML cryptocurrency experience is an advantage
- Global Banking and Financial Institutions
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.