At R3 you will be at the cutting edge of distributed ledger technology (DLT).
Corda is a DLT designed for running complex workflows between businesses, without any centralized points of control. You will work on a system trusted by banks, insurance companies, stock exchanges, payments companies, and others – highly demanding industries with the interesting technical challenges that come with them.
You will join the Frontend team to build user interfaces for a variety of Corda related projects. Corda is a fast-evolving product and there are always new projects we want to build with it, whether it be demos to show off the latest features, or as part of the core product itself. The Frontend team works together to ensure a consistent look-and-feel across the interfaces we deliver.
No team is an island – you will work with many others across the company, to help ensure we build the best possible products. You will have the opportunity to showcase your work and help influence your colleagues' thinking.
- You are a highly motivated, self-sufficient software engineer with system design skills. You have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, either through formal study or via some other route. You are curious and quick to learn about new technologies, and keen to build on your skills by learning on the job.
- You have experience or a deep interest in modern web development technologies and UI design fundamentals. You take pride in delivering a great user experience.
- We believe the best Engineers can adapt to and learn any language, so whilst we primarily use React and Typescript, we welcome anyone with a strong software engineering background who wants to learn.
- We believe that quality, security, developer experience, and operational experience are everyone’s responsibility, so you will be driven by a passion to learn and ensure excellence in all of these.
- Coding and design, and assisting other Engineers with coding and design.
- Experience with React and Typescript is beneficial.
- Good understanding of design principles with knowledge of design tools such as Figma or Adobe XD.
- Flexibility to work independently or alongside software engineers and project managers in the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to effectively present your work.
- Proactive, conscientious, self-motivated and goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.