About the jobAbout Doodles
Doodles is here to color the world and show everyone that anything is possible with the power of their imagination. Already a leading native in Web3, Doodles’ mission is to redefine what it means to be a world class entertainment brand. From collectibles to music, gaming and more, Doodles develops the most joyful products and experiences in the world. Are you ready to join the ever-expanding Doodles universe and lead with industry-changing innovation? It all starts with a doodle.
About The Role
Doodles is looking for an experienced attorney to build, manage and head up Doodles’ legal and corporate affairs. In this role, you will work closely with the senior leadership team, addressing emerging IP and legal standard issues as they relate to Web3. As Head of Business Affairs, you will be responsible for driving the company’s business model relating to M&A, joint ventures, capital allocation, corporate governance, securities, merchandising, content production, live events, gaming, IP licensing/partnerships and more.
The successful candidate is a problem solver who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done. You have excellent communication skills and are able to interact positively with other team members. As Head of Business Affairs, you will work closely with the senior leadership team and the Board of Directors and will report directly to the CEO.
- Negotiating terms, drafting and reviewing contract agreements.
- Research, evaluate and provide legal and business counsel on a wide array of issues, including risk management.
- Spearhead M&A, partnership, and joint venture transactions, including the deal structure and LOI terms, planning and assisting in due diligence, and drafting.
- Support the business on legal matters regarding data privacy laws, regulations, compliance, and employment law requirements on an as-needed basis.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal parties and members of the organization; as well as understand the relationships and needs of external parties.
- 8+ years of industry-related experience preferably in both a law firm environment and an in-house corporate counsel role.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from a recognized American university.
- Exceptional drafting, negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience and competence in a wide variety of IP, media & entertainment transactional matters and how Web3 plays into each of these areas.
- Blockchain or cryptocurrency startup experience is a plus.
- High-level accountability, drive and initiative to take on work, with minimal oversight.
- Experience in the entertainment industry is preferred.
- Willingness to work with uncertainties in a new, evolving industry.
- Authorized to work in the United States.