About the job
About Koinly 👇
- One of the fastest growing Crypto tax tools in the world with solid product market fit.
- Trusted and loved by customers worldwide.
- Used by hundreds of thousands of investors, accountants and a partner to crypto exchanges.
Our users get through their crypto taxes in 20 mins; many will save days or weeks, filing their crypto taxes for the first time giving them the confidence to build a portfolio for the long term.
Build a product that can impact the world 🌍
There are over 300m crypto users worldwide. We are building tools to enable further widespread adoption of cryptocurrency by automating the regulatory hurdles of tax compliance and asset tracking.
Come and shape the future of crypto with us.
Our ambition doesn't stop there. Next, the product vision will enable Koinly to empower crypto investors to make the best decisions for their financial future.
Join a diverse team for the best work of your life 🌟
In just a few years we have gone from launching to one of the leaders in this space. Join a rewarding environment with a diverse mix of founders, crypto traders, fintech alumni, tax professionals and all round good people in creating a worldwide organisation.
We are currently on the look out for a driven Head of Business Development to lead our expansion in Australia. You will build a small team that will target all of the key relationships in this region, ranging from Crypto Exchanges to Tax Authority officials.
As our Head of Business Development, you will collaborate with the marketing and product team to help develop ambitious go-to-market objectives. Our existing customer base ranges from the accountancy sector, large enterprise opportunities in the Crypto and Software space and a new developing ecosystem of partners.
You will know how to coach a team to effective outcomes while implementing metrics to track results.
- Manage, lead and grow the Australia BD function
- Build partnerships with leading Exchanges, Crypto Enterprises and Tier 1 Accountancy firms
- Drive accountancy sales through Account Executives to Tier 2 Accountancy firms
- Build relationships with the CRA and other key stakeholders involved in regulation around the Crypto space
- Come up with new innovative ways to build relationships, develop our brand and test new value propositions within the Crypto Ecosystem
- Report to the General Manager and play an active role in developing commercial strategy
- Analyse and drive sales performance
- Deliver both new and existing regional revenue targets
- Take a hands-on approach with meetings, RFPs, proposals and demos
- Collaborate with customers to understand what their pain points are to relay back to product and marketing
You’ll succeed as our Head of Business Development if you have…
- 3-5+ years of experience + Leading/heading up a BD function in a start-up/scale-up environment is desirable
- Experience building key relationships alongside a high-velocity sales team
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment or B2B sales role
- Be an impactful presenter and ooze confidence when speaking to C-suite
- Genuine interest in working for start-ups within Crypto and the blockchain industry
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and be coachable
- High standards of integrity and trust
- Bonus points for experience using Salesforce
- Must be comfortable with SaaS/Crypto
What We Can Offer You…
💰 Competitive package
🎉We are a 'Great Place to Work' Certified
🚀 A diverse and collaborative team who want to see you succeed
🚀 Supportive management and mentoring
🚀 Great corporate events and networking opportunities
🏢 Sydney CBD office, with hybrid and flexible work arrangements minimum 3 days in the office
🚀 Work within one of the most rapidly growing industries in the world
🎒 Perks, including Koinly swag and an Employee Discount Program (Reward Gateway)
☕ Free coffee, drinks & snacks
🎉 Regular and fun team social and wellbeing events!
💡…and we have a lot more in the pipeline!
☝Koinly is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.