About the jobCompany Description
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering leader to lead the Disputes org for Cash App. This team owns all things related to Disputes in Cash App, a large and complex charter and responsible for the backend systems and experiences for all customer disputes of any transaction in Cash App.
We ensure that our millions of customers can use Cash App safely and have a reliable and expedient experience to resolve disputes with any financial transaction in the Cash App ecosystem (cash card, p2p, bitcoin and more). The team builds customer facing experiences and highly reliable systems that closely integrate with machine learning, risk signals, business operations to ensure regulatory compliance while limiting financial losses from fraudulent activity. This org partners with multiple organizations in Cash - legal, support, risk, business operations, F&S and has massive business and overall impact to Cash App.
The leader will have a history of building successful platforms, organizations, and high performing engineering teams. As the Engineering leader for Disputes, you will be responsible for leading and growing the Engineering organization responsible for all of Cash App’s Dispute management products and services.
- Collaborate with Design and Product counterparts to create and execute on a roadmap and strategy to build, and operate the services that power Cash’s Disputes platform.
- Build an outstanding organization by hiring exceptional people and fostering a culture of ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, and urgency.
- Lead structure and process changes to ensure teams scale effectively with minimal overhead
- Mentor, coach and develop your managers and engineers.
- Champion technical excellence and support the team in achieving a high level of quality and stability at Cash App’s massive scale.
- Influence Cash’s engineering community and contribute to organization wide initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience.
- 4+ years of management experience, leading multiple teams and managers within a high-growth organization
- Managed remote teams across multiple time zones.
- Delivered and operated critical products/services with large scale usage.
- Strong technical foundations to help support your engineering team through architecture and product changes.
- Built and maintained a healthy supportive culture of technical excellence and accountability across large teams.
- Experience leading distributed teams across different time zones is a plus.
- Kotlin, Java
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- MySQL and noSQL databases
- Event-driven architecture
- DataDog, Prometheus, SignalFX
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone B: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone C: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone D: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.