About the job
Quickbit is a Swedish fintech company, which was founded in 2016 with the goal that more people and companies should use cryptocurrency on an everyday basis. Our history is in payments and we are driven by our vision that it should be easy and cheap to make quick and secure payments. A part of our business is to offer solutions for e-merchants to be paid in cryptocurrency. Another part of our business is to offer user-friendly and secure solutions for people to easily use cryptocurrency in their everyday lives. We are doing all of this because we are convinced that the financial services of the future will be based on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency.
Quickbit eu AB (publ) has been listed on NGM Nordic SME since July 2019.
Head of Legal & Compliance
In the role of Head of Legal & Compliance you are responsible for the entire compliance and legal function. You will lead a team of ten, set the future structure for the function and you report to the company's CEO. The work includes a lot of collaboration with both internal and external parties, such as various authorities. Quickbit is a company that is on a growth journey and your tasks will be very varied. Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead and develop the team to ensure best possible support for the business and key stakeholders
- Set up controls and routines and ensure that these are followed
- Conduct legal watch, monitor law regulations and ensure comprehensive and on-going knowledge of emerging trends and subjects that have potential to impact the business
- Implement guidelines and policies that reduce legal risk and protect the assets of the business
- Give advice and support to the company management
- Train inform and train employees about new laws and regulations
- Continually contribute expertise internally to the company through e.g. training and reports based on observations from the compliance function
- Ensure that the company's operations comply with the required laws and regulations
- Provide strategic and operational guidance and to contribute to Quickbit´s strategy
- Analyze legal risks & opportunities and build legal strategies to ensure business protection and growth
- Relevant experience from legal or regulatory services
- Proven experience from managing, coaching and developing a team
- High level of verbal and written communication and negotiation skills in English and Swedish
- Strong organizational skills – the ability to coordinate many different tasks/projects at the same time
- The ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines
To succeed in the role of Head of Legal & Compliance we believe that you have integrity and grit to drive development in a fast-moving environment. You display self-leadership, good judgement, and ability to prioritize work tasks appropriately.
What we offer you
You will work from our headquarters in central Stockholm, of course with flexible working arrangements. We offer you 6 weeks of annual leave, a private top tier health insurance and a really good wellness allowance all together with a creative workplace where collaboration is at the very heart of everything we do. We promote you to continuously challenge yourself, creating an environment where contribution and growth is disciplined in everything we do. You will play an important part of the team and work closely with other experts in your surroundings.
Does the role of Head of Legal & Compliance sound interesting? The selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to apply today! In this recruitment process, great emphasis will be placed on personal characteristics. We look forward to hearing from you.