About the job
Our client is seeking a Head of Sanctions experienced in building a sanctions framework and team.
Our client is a cryptocurrency platform in NYC
- Support in implementing and enhancing the global OFAC Policy and control framework
- Drive discussions around how to build better tools for the Sanctions Program relevant to digital assets.
- Create new tools, dashboards, and processes to ensure full compliance with the Sanctions Program.
- File OFAC reports of rejected or blocked transactions in accordance with OFAC reporting requirements, and submit other sanctions-related regulatory reporting as necessary.
- At the direction of the CCO, participate in the annual OFAC risk assessment including the implementation of corrective action plans.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the business
- Coordinate with and serve as point-of-contact for audits and regulatory examinations of the sanctions compliance program
- A minimum of 8 years of sanctions experience building out frameworks
- Preferred experience with digital assets/crypto currency experience
- Experience leading in OFAC Sanctions lines of business
- Hands-on experience in reviewing and assessing OFAC sanctions-related cases
- An active ACAMS certification would be beneficial
- Bachelor's degree
- Training on blockchain analytics tools such as Elliptic or Chainalysis
- Full benefits & cash bonus eligible
- Hybrid work environment in NYC
- Fast paced, growing business
- Opportunity for autonomy and visibility to the CCO
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.