About the job
Are you a driven and experienced Law Professional, eager to take your career to the next level? Do you want to contribute to the cryptocurrency revolution? Then join Safello, Sweden’s leading crypto brokerage on our exciting journey to transform the financial infrastructure!
The mission of your role
Safello is on a journey to transform the financial infrastructure for good. In an ambitious pursuit like this, we need ambitious talent to help us get there. As Interim General Counsel you will play an important role in our organization while our current General Counsel is on parental leave. The interim contract spans over one year.
You will report to the CEO and be based in Stockholm, our office is located centrally at WeWork.
Your main responsibilities will include…
- Advising the company’s management and relevant stakeholders in the company in relation to various legal matters, including day-to-day operations, employment matters, as well as current and contemplated business projects
- Leading legal projects and tasks as necessary
- Ensuring the company’s compliance with stock market rules and MAR
- Negotiating and drafting various agreements (such as partner agreements, customer agreements and agreements with external service providers)
- Acting as secretary at board meetings and taking a leading role in the preparation and performance of general meetings
- Keeping up to date with and analyzing changes in applicable law and new regulations and how it will affect Safello’s business
In order to be successful in the role we believe that you have…
- A Swedish Law Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience from a business law firm and/or as in house Legal Counsel, preferably at a listed company
- Knowledge within stock market rules and MAR
- Experience of negotiation and drafting of various agreements
- Knowledge within company law
It is considered an advantage if you have…
- Knowledge within financial services regulations
- Knowledge within data protection regulations
- Knowledge within AML regulation is considered highly meritorious
As a person we believe that you are self sufficient and able to follow through on all assigned tasks accurately, independently and in a timely manner. We also believe that you are a communicative self-starter, with a positive mindset and determination to succeed.
What we offer
We offer flexibility, a competitive salary and great perks. Our office is located at WeWork centrally in Stockholm, but we are all flexible remote workers. Being part of Safello means being on a growth journey which offers great career opportunities and the possibility to influence the future of financial systems.
Safello is Sweden’s leading online cryptocurrency brokerage with the goal to make crypto accessible to everyone. Safello offers a secure way to buy, sell and store crypto in seamless transactions at industry-leading speeds. Safello has been registered as a financial institution with Finansinspektionen (Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority) since 2013 and is listed at Nasdaq First North since 2021.
Send in your application as soon as possible, but no later than 15th of October. The recruitment process is ongoing and we will review applications and conduct interviews continuously. Observe that the position may be filled before the last application date.