- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- SALARY: $150,000 – $200,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Sr Backend Engineer, Mobile (Direct Hire) for one of our clients.
This is a full-time, direct hire role. US candidates only.
Invisibly is a startup looking for a Senior Backend engineer to join our mobile apps Engineering organization. You will collaborate with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, product and analytics colleagues who work together closely to support our React mobile app. Our growing team requires someone who will thrive making technical contributions in a lively environment but loves to have fun while they do so.
About the Role:
You’ll be part of the App team that collaborates with other teams across Invisibly to build features in React for iOS and Android platforms. In the Backend Engineering role, you will be contributing primarily to the backend of our application stack, using technologies like Python, Postgres, Kafka etc. Additionally, your work will take you into Google Cloud Platform, working on services and configuring resources.
You will do well in this role if you:
● Have at least 6 years of experience with backend technologies (we use Python, Kafka, Firestore, Django, Kubernetes)
● Familiarity with recommendation, AI/ML models and integrating that with the API’s.
● Integrate with various 3rd party content ingestion mechanism using API’s, RSS feeds etc
● Understand the ins and outs of creating an API to be consumed by multiple platforms
● Are comfortable working closely with product managers, designers, and nontechnical partners to provide them with estimates, and scoping large bodies of work.
● Thrive when faced with the customer and product-focused challenges and care as much about building great products as you do writing great code.
● Are comfortable with saying “I don’t know”, doing research, and returning with options complete with trade-offs.
● Take pride in owning work from conceptualization through completion
As a Senior Backend Engineer on Apps you will:
● Lead the API engineering work and develop with an eye on quality and iterability by using performance monitoring tooling, automated and manual testing, and observability tools to verify the correctness and quality of your code.
● Work with Product, Design, and React mobile engineers in order to determine what is possible on the platform to surprise, delight, and engage our users.
● Effectively conduct technical discovery, break down projects into concrete pieces, and advise on timelines, dependencies, and tradeoffs.
● Guide more junior engineers in their technical and architectural decisions, using thoughtful code reviews, mentoring, and project planning discussions.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.