About the job
Location: Tampa or Chicago: must be On-site 3 days a week
This senior-level role will be a key member of the Platform Engineering team designing a next-generation crypto powered financial services platform for consumers. The role reports to the Manager of Engineering and will be responsible for implementing many core aspects of a complex distributed system based microservices patterns in a cloud native platform architecture.
- Design and develop microservices in conjunction with the Senior Java Architect role and other developers assigned to the team.
- Take requirements produced by the product development team and build performant, high-quality code that delivers the expected functionality.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Software Engineering. Graduate degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- At least 3 years of senior-level Java programming including Spring Boot / Framework / Security / Cloud / Data.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and technologies such as Hibernate/JPA for mapping object models.
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto