JPM Payments - Onyx by J.P. Morgan - The Liink Network - Platform Product Manager - Associate
About the jobPosition Description
Onyx by J.P. Morgan was launched in October 2020 to reimagine how businesses are built, grown and how they interact by developing innovative applications that leverage cutting edge technology. We seek to build the world's most advanced ecosystem, with ubiquitous access to infrastructure, collaboration networks, services, and expertise. Onyx has four business stripes:
- Liink by J.P. Morgan, a blockchain network of banks that facilitates payments and banking information exchange
- Coin Systems, a global provider of shared ledger solutions enabled by JPM Coin
- Onyx Digital Assets , a blockchain network that has the capability to enable exchange of value for various types of digital assets
- Blockchain Launch, a leader in productionizing new applications and shared platform technology
About Liink, a network from Onyx by J.P.
Liink, formerly known as the Interbank Information Network (IIN), is a production-grade, scalable, peer-to-peer blockchain-based network. Liink applications are purpose-built for addressing discrete banking needs. To date, over 400 financial institutions and corporates have signed up to join the network, including 25 of the world's top 50 banks, representing 78 countries globally.
The Platform Product team at Liink develops, owns, and executes the building out of key Platform services and offerings which support the various applications hosted on Liink and our clients. As an Associate Product Manager, you will help the team to shape and drive the strategic vision of the Platform as the Liink network scales, unlocking new areas of opportunities and demand for Platform services. You will also be responsible for all facets of the development lifecycle including feature ideation, requirements gathering/ refinement, backlog management, and testing. The Liink Platform Product team is a highly cross-functional team and the ideal candidate will be energetic and self-directed with an ability to collaborate across a diverse set of stakeholders. In addition, you will also be process-disciplined and have the ability to see the 'big picture' and think strategically as we grow the business.
This is an opportunity to be a part of start-up like environment within a top financial services company where you will have the ability to shape and transform the role as the business evolves.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Build Platform products that provide a solid foundation for applications on the Liink network and their clients
- Serve as an advisor to senior leadership, helping to distill and cascade strategic initiatives across the various Liink product teams and drive a consistent product vision and experience across Liink
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories for Platform initiatives
- Support the end-to-end success of Platform projects from ideation to launch through collaboration with design, engineering, partner product teams, sales, operations, risk, compliance and legal
- Align priorities and expectations by communicating progress of Platform product rollouts to stakeholders
- Build scalable processes and foster an environment that enables engineering to delivery high quality products quickly
- Safeguard the health of the Platform by balancing new functionalities with technical debt
- 3+ years of relevant experience, ideally in Product Management, Software Engineering, or a similar technology-related role
- Demonstrated success building and scaling technical Platform products with APIs and maintaining them across multiple versions
- Experience translating business/ client needs into technical requirements, defining user stories and execution, including bringing together cross-functional teams within an Agile development framework
- Previous work experience in Product Management and/ or exposure to the technology industry is preferred
- Proficiency with product management tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Figma) and MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong client empathy and experience guiding product direction based on client pain-points and needs
- Ability to deep dive into the technical details of a complex set of infrastructures and understand how to create building blocks for developers
- Great relationship-building and interpersonal skills when working with engineers, talking with clients, or engaging cross-functional partners
- Ability to easily communicate technical and complex topics to senior management
- Execution focused, action-oriented and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative but work equally well within a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Passion for blockchain technology and are driven by transforming existing structures and market practices in order to provide better services and experiences to our clients
- Solid understanding of distributed ledger technology and related applications, including a technical understanding of cryptocurrency technology fundamentals and how they are / are not relevant to private distributed ledger implementations
- Bonus points if you spend time thinking about how to build the new (financial) world!
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans