What you’ll do as a Lead Full Stack Developer at Akuna:
The ideal candidate enjoys working with the latest web application technologies, working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and being the coach and mentor for others. Familiarity with .NET framework application development is a benefit, but not a requirement for this role. A successful candidate is performance-minded and seeks to question and enhance current architecture beyond their responsibilities.
This person will be given a unique level of exposure to an industry-leading team of options traders who participate fully in the design and ongoing enhancements to our proprietary trading platform. In this role, you will:
- Be a hands-on leader in the design, implementation and deployment of high-quality web applications using modern technologies
- Provide excellent technical leadership to your team, i.e., architectural guidance, industry best practices, performance optimization tips.
- Research and incorporate latest features for performance and/or usability enhancements into our applications
- Orchestrate cross-functional work across trading, quant, and development to solve complex problems and deliver successful solutions
Requirements for the role:
- Expert in full-stack web application development
- Expert in at least one backend language, ideally Python
- Leadership skills to mentor junior members of the team
- Strong analytic, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of modern version control system (preferably git) based development flow
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Fast learner, and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Has experience working on legacy code, instead of rewriting everything
- Hands-on, collaborative working style, with the ability to build relationships with multiple teams
- Demonstrated experience and success managing small and medium teams
- Have built flexible modularized front-end applications that easily adapt to complex upstream data sources
- Prior work in building cloud-native, scalable software systems (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Prior experience in .NET application development
- Prior experience within the Options Trading or other FinTech industries
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialise in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models. At Akuna we have a flat structure, where the best idea wins.
Our Founding Partners, including our CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualised Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened our first office in 2011 in Chicago, the heart of the derivatives & options industry. Akuna then expanded to Sydney in 2018 to be the centre of our Asian trading operations, and in 2021 we moved to our Barangaroo waterfront office. We currently trade in HK, Korea, India, cryptocurrencies, and US night markets and are excited for expansions into all the major Asian exchanges. We also have offices in London, Shanghai and Boston.
At Akuna, we believe that the people are the centre of everything we do. Our Sydney office has a start-up feel with less than 200 people, which means you really get to know the team! We run social poker competitions, happy hours, have a fully stacked breakfast and snack room, host social events, go on company trips, social club events, and offer great training with our Akuna University. We are expanding rapidly and looking for the best talent to join us on this journey. If you enjoy being part of smart, driven teams with real challenges to solve- this could be the place for you!