Gauntlet is DeFi’s risk manager. We drive capital efficiency while maintaining economic safety for some of the largest crypto protocols with our cutting-edge simulations. Gauntlet manages risk and incentives for over $40 Billion in assets.
Gauntlet continuously publishes cutting-edge research, making us the most cited in peer reviewed articles in the DeFi industry. We’re a Series B company with 40 employees operating remote-first but primarily in New York City.
As Gauntlet’s first product designer, you’ll design, prototype, and specify digital solutions that solve some of the biggest, most complicated problems facing DeFi protocols today. You’ll work with product managers to define problems worth solving, you’ll talk to users to understand their needs and experiences, and you’ll collaborate with Gauntlet’s engineers and data scientists to deliver high-quality digital experiences. Gauntlet gathers a wealth of data about the protocols it works with across its all of DeFi. You’ll be passionate about unlocking the value of this data for our DAO’s, Community members, and Protocol team.
A sample of products and features you will work on:
* Our Risk Dashboards (gov.gauntlet.network)
* Marketing and sales collateral to help sell our services
* Our website
* Driving our brand, logo, design system throughout all of Gauntlet
* New project work we are just kicking off
As part of the product team, you’ll work with our PMs and engineers to ship digital products that help DeFi protocols maximize Capital Efficiency, and helps DeFi users understand risks in various protocols. You will also work with Growth and leadership and have the opportunity to own our brand and drive it forward. This is our first design hire and as such you will have the opportunity for a lot of scope and driving high impact for the company.
- Distilling problems to their simplest essence, then iteratively designing digital products to solve those issues. Gauntlet believes in fast feedback cycles that start with loose sketches and whiteboard sessions, then moves to wireframes, and finally detailed high-fidelity designs for engineers to execute. You’ll drive these design cycles for the products you work on.
- Developing Gauntlet’s visual product language. You'll design a clear and functional product language that makes Gauntlet easier to learn and use. You will be distilling very technical concepts into easy to understand visualizations that users without deep technical knowledge can understand
- Gathering qualitative and quantitative product insights through user research with Gauntlet’s client’s, DAOs, and protocol teams.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Designer.
- An online portfolio showing off your high-quality product design work. An emphasis on clean user experiences and data-rich experiences is a plus.
- Strong visual design skills. Experience and/or interest in designing reusable, scalable design systems is a plus. Ability to work in a wide range of design tools such as Figma and Balsamiq.
- Experience interacting and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders including customers, users, engineers, and product owners to arrive at desired design solutions.
- Experience with a variety of methodologies for product discovery and user research.
Benefits and Perks
- Remote first - work from anywhere!
- Competitive packages with the added opportunity for incentive based compensation
- Regular in-person company retreats and cross-country "office visit" perk
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse setup provided
- $1,000 WFH stipend upon joining
- $100 per month reimbursement for fitness-related expenses
- Monthly reimbursement for home internet, phone, and cellular data
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Fertility benefits
Please note at this time our hiring is reserved for potential employees who are able to work within the contiguous United States and Canada. Should you need alternative accommodations, please note that in your application.