About the jobJob Description
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. Professionals within the Legal Division provide high quality legal advice, transactional and regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advise on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses understand, navigate and weigh the risks associated with business related activities. Whether you’re an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The Digital Assets business at Goldman Sachs provides our clients a breadth of digital solutions by leveraging existing financial products and expanding offerings with newly-crafted financial cross-divisional products. The Digital Assets business’ focus includes transactional digitalization (using blockchain and distributed ledger technology to improve efficiency and enhance functionality), crypto-related products (transacting, either as principal or agent, in traditional financial products with a cryptocurrency nexus or underlier), traditional financial services for digital asset/crypto companies/clients, digital currencies, and strategic investments in digital asset companies.
The Digital Assets Legal group is a global team that provides legal support to the Goldman Sachs Digital Assets business with attorneys embedded in traditional product legal groups while co-reporting to the head of Digital Assets Legal. The Digital Assets Legal group is looking for a talented, problem-solving attorney to help advise the firm's Digital Assets business on technology transactions and intellectual property-matters as a member of the Technology, Sourcing and Intellectual Property legal team . Primary responsibilities include advising on financial services-related technology products and transactions related to Digital Assets business projects and products, draft, structure, and negotiate a variety of technology-related agreements.
- Knowledge of technology, intellectual property and contract laws and regulations.
- Preference for knowledge of and experience with blockchain, distributed ledger technology, and digital assets
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a leading law firm, financial institution or digital assets company.
- Experience in commercial contracting for data, software, digital platforms, or other technology services
- Team player with commercial and legal judgment, and strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- High level of initiative, integrity, and organization
- Comfortable engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and willing to work in new areas out of their comfort zone