- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only (TimeZone: PST/CIST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $125 – $145/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Machine Learning Engineerfor one of our clients.
What you’ll be working on
Are you fascinated by machine learning and building robust machine learning pipelines which process massive amounts of data at scale and speed to provide crucial insights to the end consumers?
This is exactly what our client do. Their mission is to partner with their Machine Learning Science counterparts to use AI/ML to collaboratively transform our client’s data assets into intelligent and real-time insights to support a variety of applications which are used by 1000+ market managers, analysts, their supply partners, and their travelers. Their work spans across a variety of datasets and ML models and across a diverse technology stack ranging from Spark, SageMaker, Airflow, DataBricks, Kubernetes, AWS and much more!Position Requirements• Python, Scala• Kafka, Structured Streaming, Kinesis• Spark, Hadoop and Hive• Industrial Software Engineering Experience – CI/CD, Unit Testing, Working on projects with multiple team members.
• Good understanding of machine learning pipelines and machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.• Familiar with cloud services like AWS, Azure and workflow orchestration tools (e.g., Airflow).• Experienced in using SQL for querying data from relational tables.• Degree with strong technical focus (Computer Science, Engineering).Responsibilities• Ability to write robust code in one or more of Python, Java and Scala• Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)• Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3 etc) with data at scale• Proficient in core technologies like Spark, Hadoop and Hive.• Excellent communication skills• Ability to work in a team• Design, develop, debug, and modify components of machine learning and deep learning systems and applications, including data pipelines.• Develop and tune model training and inference systems.• Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.• Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.• Work collaboratively with all members of technical staff. Collaborate with data scientists, program managers, and product managers in the development of assigned components.• Participate in and provide input to requirements definition.• Run machine learning tests and experiments• Implement appropriate ML algorithms• Study and transform data science prototypes• Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools• Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods• Train and retrain systems when necessary• Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks Qualifications• Proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role: 4-5 years of experience in software development.• Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture• Knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms• Knowledge of streaming platforms like Kafka and Kinesis.• Basic knowledge of various ML model platforms.• Experience standing up model inferencing API endpoints.• Exposure to No SQL databases like MongoDB.• Experienced in using SQL for querying data from relational tables.• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an aptitude for troubleshooting issues.• Degree with strong technical focus (Computer Science, Engineering).
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.