About the jobRipple is expanding its Global AML & Sanctions team and seeks to hire an experienced Manager. This role will be focused on managing day-to-day AML/CFT and sanctions (OFAC) program activities and will support the Director of Global AML & Sanctions in providing subject matter expertise to the business on complex AML and sanctions regulatory compliance matters. This position reports to the Director, Global Head of AML & Sanctions.
What You'll Do
- In coordination with the Director of Global AML & Sanctions, conduct annual risk assessments and make annual updates to policies, procedures, and other relevant program documents.
- Evaluate new business proposals, products and services, initiatives, and partnerships for AML, economic sanctions, and export control requirements for Ripple and its foreign subsidiaries, recommending measures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Under the direction of the Director of Global AML & Sanctions, prepare for third-party audits and regulatory exams and assist with remediation efforts of any resulting findings and/or corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Support the annual QA review and internal audit activities of AML/CFT and sanctions processes and assist with remediation efforts of any resulting findings and/or corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the Director of Global AML & Sanctions on quarterly and annual strategic planning priorities, including budgeting and resourcing, to enhance the Program based on new regulations, products and business expansion.
- Under the direction of the Director of Global AML & Sanctions, build, enhance and track AML/CFT and sanctions regulatory compliance training to all Ripple employees.
- Support the development of AML/CFT and sanctions program presentations and key metrics to present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date on latest global AML/CFT and sanctions regulatory developments.
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of AML/CFT and sanctions experience.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of AML/CFT and sanctions regulations and requirements.
- Proven ability to understand complex AML/CFT and sanctions risk and operational issues and develop practical and risk-based solutions.
- Ability to provide practical, strategic and business-oriented advice.
- Proven ability to oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; at ease communicating and presenting to Senior Management.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with technology and/or financial services companies.
- Must be CAMS certified.
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.