About the jobThe Role
Developer Operations (DevOps) at RippleNet is responsible for communication, collaboration and integration between the Development and Operations teams so infrastructures, tools and processes are streamlined and effective for faster and automated delivery of product.
The Engineering Manager, DevOps will help lead the discovery, design and implementation of solutions to improve RippleNet infrastructure and release pipelines. These solutions, spanning all engineering teams, the entire tech stack and all of our infrastructure and tools; will include, but not limited to, developer infrastructure, build and test frameworks, CI/CD infrastructure and release process automation. As Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop and grow the team while also being results-oriented in leading the team to achieve goals. Candidates should enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team. It will also be important for this person to champion engineering best practices and help build a team which is open, collaborative and high performing.
What You’ll Do
- Interface with senior management, engineering peers and infra teams in driving strategic planning and execution of resilience and performance programs
- Help design and develop tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to increase engineering efficiency and to improve customer experience.
- Lead discovery of next generation tools and work with wider peer teams on implementation, adoption and continuous improvements
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, leveraging data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Act as subject matter expert, providing technical leadership and sharing your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
What We Are Looking For
- 8+ years of hands-on experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 4-6+ years in Java, Python, or Go; and 2+ years experience managing a team.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and operating large scale, multi-region service platforms
- Deep expertise in Kubernetes and experience working with cloud infrastructure, particularly AWS.
- Experience with at least one configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes such as Docker, Rkt, or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Experience with real-time telemetry and tracing tools like Jager and Prometheus
- Preferred, experience working with AWS CLI, IAM, ECR, ECS, EC2, S3/EBS/EFS, Security Groups, VPC's, RDS/Aurora, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFront, Cognito
- Security awareness, with an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and securityA positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar field
Who We Are
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.