About the job
Cole-Frieman & Mallon LLP (“CFM”) is a prestigious boutique law firm based in San Francisco with a robust national practice, servicing hedge fund managers, venture fund managers, and other asset managers. Our firm has the largest hedge fund practice in California and launches around 250 funds each year. CFM is well known for its pioneering work with non-traditional asset classes including cryptocurrency and peer to peer lending.
We are seeking a full time Marketing Manager/Director to support our SF Bay Area and CO offices. The marketing manager/director will manage the firm’s client development process, marketing content, branding efforts, public relations initiatives and support the business development efforts of individual partners. We are open to San Francisco Bay Area and or Denver, CO candidates.
Daily tasks in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and manage CFM’s business development plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a new CRM system to track client prospects and onboard new clients.
- Prepare and manage public relations activities and communications for the firm, including press releases, new attorney announcements and notices, other firm announcements, media materials, and relationships with key media players.
- Manage firm website including updates and content alterations.
- Manage and design updates, including CFM’s quarterly update and maintain online and print marketing and business development materials for the firm and for attorneys, including firm and attorney profiles, practice descriptions, brochures, and electronic newsletters.
- Manage CFM’s contact lists and outreach to current and prospective clients.
- Arrange professional photoshoots and maintain image and logo files. Prepare various art files (headshots, logos, graphics) for use in online and print materials.
- Manage CFM’s online and social media presence and other electronic communications, including drafting and updating content and images, evaluating effectiveness, drafting, and implementing policies, and working with outside technical and design consultants as needed.
- Manage the firm’s profiles on online directories and referral sites, submit information for attorney and firm awards, promote awards, and determine which directories should be launched and maintained.
- Supervise and coordinate the firm’s RFP protocol process, including soliciting RFP’s from appropriate prospective clients. Drafting and submitting proposals for new business as needed.
- Participate in planning and presentation efforts as appropriate. Create and maintain resumes for attorneys.
- Manage business development/client services functions, events, and opportunities for the firm, including firm receptions, conferences, seminars, and other special firm-sponsored events, holiday cards, gifts, and thank you gifts for clients or referral sources.
- Identify, evaluate, and make recommendations for firm/attorney participation in sponsorships, conferences, tradeshows, speaking and writing opportunities, and similar events.
- Work collaboratively in a multi‐support team
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a manager/director role within a professional service environment
- Prior law firm experience is a plus but not a requirement
- strong leadership and consensus building skills; marketing management and strategic planning experience; and successful development and administration of a marketing program.
- Familiar with SEO and Google Analytics including ability to set goals, interpret metrics, and implement projects that will improve online performance and visibility.
- Ability to understand the attorney-client relationship are critical.
- Experience with WordPress, Mail Chimp, Salesforce & Adobe
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading abilities
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Adaptability to changing demands
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
We offer competitive salary, paid time off, paid holidays, and benefits package, including medical, dental plan and 401k.
Send your resume, cover letter and any questions about the post to: [email protected]