About the jobCompany Description
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash is looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to join our growing Marketing Operations & Strategy team. If you’re data-driven, have a passion for process and organization, are always seeking ways to execute work seamlessly and love the world of marketing infrastructure and systems, then this might just be the job for you. This role will work closely with the Cash Marketing and Finance & Strategy teams to lead and drive strategic outcomes. The primary focus of this role will be budget management, leading annual and quarterly planning, having a pulse on priorities and challenges across the team and finding creative solutions, as well as the ability to lead complex projects with multiple stakeholders, end-to-end.
This is a highly cross-functional role requiring both strategic and tactical execution as well as strong program management. You have developed processes for high growth marketing organizations with exceptional problem-solving skills and have the ability to work closely with marketing, product, finance and analytical stakeholders. You are a growth driver, someone who not only supports the needs of the team, but a person who thrives on identifying and chasing opportunities to accelerate the business. Simply put- you organize the chaos.
- Work with the Marketing Operations Lead and wider marketing team - brand, product marketing, paid, partnerships, creative, social, etc. to develop best-in-class operations strategy that supports Marketing’s performance goals and execute on that strategy
- Will work as the conduit between Finance, Business Operations, Analytics and the marketing team to help facilitate planning, process development and iteration and measurement.
- Partner with the marketing team as well as key external partners, to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in campaign execution, measurement and optimisation.
- Identify, design and execute new processes that enable marketers to be more effective in their day to day work, including executional excellence, overall efficiency and measurement.
- Champion process and drive change management
- Design and implement the quarterly planning rhythm across Marketing
- Partner with marketing leads, business operations and finance teams to forecast quarterly goals to determine monthly and quarterly targets for the business to reach its goals.
- Collect information from team leads for quarterly business reporting
- Work with Finance, Business Operations, and Analytics to create, maintain and evolve dashboards to report on marketing investment, activities, effectiveness and business impact
- Develop and implement a budget management process and system with Finance
- Work with Finance to manage the marketing budget, including month-end tracking budgets to actuals and cross function dependencies
- Prepare reports and translate complex results into presentations for leadership as needed
- Partner with IT, Tech and Analytics teams to identify, evaluate, implement and enable marketers with tools & technology to improve and optimize marketing team performance
- 6+ years experience in marketing / operations / analytics / business operations roles
- Strong strategic mindset and outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Experience managing marketing operations processes including planning, budgets and measurement
- Experience working with project management software
- Strong analytical skills - love working with data
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.