About WintermuteAt Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains. Wintermute is also offering best-in-class OTC products to crypto native as well as traditional financial institutions.Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects. We act as official market makers for a large number of the world’s highest profile blockchain projects.Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy. Working at Wintermute We are looking for an Options Trader with 2+ years of experience in an option MM role, strong coding skills (Python) and a curiosity about HFT, market making and crypto trading. We run a lean, flat-hierarchy option trading team, competing successfully against teams many times our size. You will be able to contribute to all aspects of the trading setup while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced traders and developers, including the founders/ management team. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact. What will you work onYou will have the chance to work on the full options stack - from valuation/ fitting to systematic market making to discretionary position taking. You will have the chance to expand the options business across all three of cefi, defi, and OTC. We will share more technical details in the interviews. The point is: there is no limit set by the company!Note: we are looking for people with strong quantitative and coding skills, but this is a trading (not a research) role first and foremost.
Hard Skills Requirements
- 2+ years of experience trading in an options market making role.
- Strong Python skills - ideally 1-3 years of experience coding in Python, be that through work, study or personal project experience
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Crypto experience is a plus. However, we are open to applicants with knowledge of other asset classes.
- Have an owner mentality - you focus on ultimate result (short and long-term P&L for the company), focus on strategically growing the business for the future vs fast/opportunistic profits
- Love problem solving, and love seeing your products work; you do whatever it takes to do what’s needed (trading, coding, analysing data, collaborating)
- Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset versus working 9-to-5 mentality; prepared to work non-standard working hours (since we are a high-growth startup operating in 24/7 crypto world)
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least 75% working from our London office
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would take 5-10 years to get in a traditional trading company/bank/hedge fund
- A unique opportunity to join a high growth startup and one of the strongest and highest potential crypto startups based in Europe
- Great culture: highly professional and ambitious, yet informal, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch
- Aligned incentive structure: a significant part of your compensation is performance-based with substantial upside
Tips for Successful Application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and the space; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job" or is very mercenary
- Do your research: look at our website and social media channels
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in crypto and market making in general and in Wintermute in particular.
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions! If you don't have some obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant/transferable (but note, we do require Python knowledge)
- Prepare to be tested on your Python knowledge. Your knowledge and ability to get things done fast is very important to us
- Do your homework on what hft/market making/algo trading is. (Hint: we are not in the business of position taking, directional betting, stock/token picking, technical analysis, "AI" (as in the buzz-word) and we are not a research business for the sake of research)
- We get a lot of applications, so unfortunately, we won't be able to proceed if you simply press "submit button"; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort into making the application relevant!
Listed in: Cryptocurrency Jobs, Remote Web3 Jobs, Trading Crypto Jobs, Research Web3 Jobs, Developer Crypto Jobs, Social Media Web3 Jobs, Python Crypto Jobs, DeFi Web3 Jobs, Data Crypto Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs.