About the jobJob Summary
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. They work to understand the customer's business needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with technology.
AWS has exceptional strengths in the blockchain segment, and we are looking for a teammate to join our specialist Blockchain and Digital Assets Business Development team to continue building and growing that position with startups. We’re looking for a domain expert who will be a peer to web3, cryptocurrency, and blockchain founders/CxOs (at all stages of startup maturity), venture capitalists, and other key influencers. The ideal candidate will possess experience in Smart Contracts / DeFi development and/or Blockchain infrastructure expertise.
You will play a significant role in designing innovative Blockchain based solutions for our customers and building products that enable their success. You will lead the most complex and challenging customer’s Blockchain workloads in EMEA, and mentor other Solutions Architects to scale your work. You will speak at conferences, publish articles, and serve as the compass in the Blockchain domain. You will also demonstrate Customer Obsession, representing the voice of the customer as you work with product teams to evolve AWS products.
Candidates for this role will have a passion for solving business challenges through cloud technology. As a Solutions Architect with Blockchain expertise , you will engage with our customers, community of open-source developers and partners on projects that encompass many different frameworks, languages, and ideas.
As a technical & architectural expert, you will provide guidance to Web2/Web3 customers and help them design and develop optimized strategies. Develop and deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive awareness and adoption of AWS hosted Web3 solutions. Capture and share best practice knowledge with the worldwide Blockchain community.
You will partner with Business Development leaders to understand customer and partner requirements. You will use your technical expertise to help develop technical programs, and opportunities that can be served by AWS. Thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed, are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS. This includes product/services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, business development, and professional services, in order to deliver results.
Here Are Some Other Qualities We Are Looking For
- You’ll embrace creativity and view new challenges as learning opportunities.
- You will have a passion for helping customers and teammates.
- You’ll bring with you a deep foundation of solutions innovation on behalf of customers through successful past experience.
- You’ll have an awareness and understanding of emerging technology solutions.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.]
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
- As a key member of the business development and account teams, ensure customers are successful in building and migrating applications, software and services using Blockchain technologies.
- Bring together and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS Solutions Architect community, especially in regards to Blockchain technologies and patterns.
- Exhibit thought leadership, and evangelize AWS Blockchain solutions that benefit customers. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent. Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, product/service engineering teams and support
- Help build deep relationships with builders and decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “cloud advocates.”
The AWS Startup specialist SA team is comprised of startup founders/operators who champion and work alongside the world’s best startups, investors and industry associations. We do what is in our power to accelerate their engineering and commercial efforts from inception to IPO, leveraging our people, technology, knowledge, programs, and relationships within and outside Amazon.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ year’s work experience in a technical role
- 5+ years design/implementation/deployment experience of cloud compute solutions
- 3+ years experience in architecting or deploying large scale Blockchain solutions for customers
- Proficient with Smart Contract / DeFi development and/or Blockchain infrastructure knowledge
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers Ability to communicate in technical and business settings (verbal and written).
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership experience in a technical, customer-facing role in the technology industry
- Experience in designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful Blockchain projects
- Experience with database architecture and design to implement decentralized storage solutions for managing distributed ledgers and their related data structures.
- Deep knowledge of modern architectures, including serverless/containerized
- Open-source project contributor in the Blockchain space.
- Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
- Achieved Associate and/or Professional certifications
- Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO)
Job ID: A2241560